Chapter 34: Wedding Bells

Aarohi's POV

The one and only, everyone’s favourite, Aarohi Mishra is back again. I know it has been a long break, so let me just give you some quick recap.

It has been around two years since we graduated. And now I am just a few months away from completing my higher studies and has been indulging myself in internships last few months.

Life has been a lot busy recently, but I love it this way. The more I will be busy, the less I’ll overthink. I’m currently living in Mumbai in a shared flat with Diksha, my friend whom I met at the university.

She is truly my saviour. She was there for me when I needed her the most. She entered my life when everyone else left. She accompanied me in those distressed days and sleepless nights. And since then she has been trying to join those broken pieces inside me which she never broke.

“Aarohi, have you taken your medicines?” she asked me from the kitchen.

“I’m taking it right now,” I replied rushing towards the table.

“Why I always have to remind you of your medicines? What would you have done without me?” she said dramatically.

I really don't know what I would have done without her. The last two years were really tough. And to add in to your information, she is talking about those anti-depressant pills which are prescribed by my doctor after having several anxiety attacks.

I never imagined my life to be like this. I hate to admit it but somewhere I am still stuck in the past. There is some part of me which is still standing on the college ground hoping all these to be just a nightmare. I miss those days, those people and those bonds.

But there is something that I don't want to remember, the fairy tale I lived for 3 years. Meeting that devil, making him a part of my life and allowing him to ruin it for ever. During the day, I enjoy my life and at night struggle to find peace in those incomplete memories.

But overall life is good. I’m happy. Atleast I am trying to be happy or let say pretending to be happy.

Sometimes I really want to fix everything by joining those broken pieces but I lack the courage to face all these once again. So treating everything as a part of growing up, it's time for me to finally move on.

The bell rang and Diksha went to open the door.

“Who was it?” I asked her when she came back.

“There is a parcel for you?” she said looking at the box in her hand.

“For me?” I asked with a surprised face taking the box from her hand and opened it.

“It’s a wedding invitation,” Diksha mentioned.

It was a box full of sweets, dry fruits and an invitation card.

“Sarthak Goenka,” I read it out.

“Who is it?” Diksha asked me.

“Yeah, I remember him. We were together in college. He was that rich kid who used to sponsor most of the events in college. Aadi has introduced me to him but I hardly know him personally. Why is he inviting me?” I said.

“I envy you. You are so lucky to be invited in such a grand Indian wedding,” she said looking at the list of events mentioned in the card.

“There's no point. I’m not going anyway,” I said putting the things back in the box.

“Are you out of your mind? You will be the dumbest person ever to miss this chance,” she said and I looked at her.

"It's a destination wedding in Jaipur. One week full vacation. Food, drinks, dance and lots of fun," she yelled in excitement.