Chapter 27: Secret Romance

Aarohi's POV

I was covered by his strong arms feeling secure and safe. I was feeling the warmth that his body was radiating. It felt like all my anxiety and anxiousness were dissolved only by his touch. His body felt like home where I could easily spend the rest of my life.

After the amazing dance and the wholesome confession, we went back to our table.

Unable to control my hunger, I attacked the food served on the table. I was busy focusing on the food in my hand with a stuffed mouth when I finally realized that someone was sitting in front of me.

"I'm sorry. I was really hungry," I said gulping the food.

"You look cute while eating," he said smiling at me.

"Don't embarrass me. I forget everything when there is food in front of me," I said fixing my eyes on the plate.

"You are enjoying the food and I am enjoying watching you. What else a perfect date would look like?," he replied.

"Wait," he said stretching his hand towards me.

"What?" I asked when he wiped the sauce from the corner of my lips.

"Please excuse me. I am a messy eater," I said in a low voice.

"And I would love to clean your mess," he replied licking the sauce from his finger.

We talked for some time after finishing our food. I changed back to trousers before leaving.

"Vivaan, it was the best date I can ever imagine. Thank you for making it so special for me," I said as we reached my flat.

"I should be the one thanking you. Thanks for arranging such a perfect date," he said.

"I should leave now. Bye," I said heading inside.

"Wait," he said coming out of the car.

"What happened?" I asked him when he came to me.

"I have something for you. Close your eyes," he instructed and I followed.

Suddenly I felt his fingers over my neck and I opened my eyes finding a really pretty pendant on my neck.

"What's this?" I excitedly asked him.

"Perfect way of ending a date," he replied.

"I have searched the whole town but couldn't find a gift. When I was trapped in the traffic, I saw a small girl selling the pendants. When my eyes fell on this one, it reminded me of you and my frustration instantly disappeared bringing a smile to my face. It is simple yet attractive, just like you. Also, there is a surprise which you will get to know later," he continued.

"It's amazing. I really love it," I replied and he smiled.

"Close your eyes. It's my turn now for a return gift," I said and he did so.

I stretched my body putting all the weight on my toes and gently kissed his lips. He instantly opened his eyes with a surprised face.

"Good night Vivaan," I said running towards the gate.

"Wait, I didn't get time to respond. This doesn't count," he shouted.

"I remember someone doing this to me a lot of times before," I replied and rushed inside the lift.

"Aaru, this is not done," he yelled chasing after me.

I immediately pressed the close button but before the door could shut, Vivaan put his hand between the gate making it stop.