Chapter 33: Parting Ways

Aarohi's POV

"Okay, I'm telling you but you have to promise me that you will never tell anyone," he said stopping me.

"You don't have to if you can't trust me," I stated.

"No, this matter is really serious. It's about Aadi," he said.

"Aadi? What happened to him?" I inquired.

"He is dating Ms. Aahana from our college," he revealed causing my jaw to drop.

"What? Since when?" I asked.

"Yes, from the first semester," he confirmed.

"And no one knows about it?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Apart from them, only I knew and now you," he said.

"Are they in a serious relationship?" I asked.

"At first I thought it was just a fling but now I know that they are in love," he admitted.

After hearing this, all I could think about is Sanvi.

"I'm sorry I hid it from you but I had no other choice," he apologized.

"What happened?" he asked me looking at my tensed face.

"Sanvi loves Aadi and she is going to confess it to him on the graduation day," I told him.

"I can't see her getting hurt. We need to tell her everything," I added.

"No Aaru, you can't tell anyone, not even Sanvi. If this secret comes out, we will be in a big trouble," he cautioned leaving me in a dilemma.

On one side, there is my best friend who has already faced a lot since her breakup and on the other side, Vivaan, whose trust I can't break at any cost. After thinking a lot I promised him to keep it as a secret.

As the graduation day was approaching, the excitement could be visible on everyone's face. While others were busy enjoying their last few days of college, I was struggling hard to come out of my situation. I could not break Vivaan's trust and at the same time I couldn't bear to see Sanvi getting heartbroken.

Finally, the long-awaited graduation day arrived and a glow was spread all across the college. Sanvi was excited for her confession and my heart was wrenching seeing her in this state. And the worst part was that I couldn't do anything about it. But I promised myself that I won't let her suffer all this alone.

We reached college dressed beautifully and the lively environment filled the air. Finally we all were graduating. After the valedictory ceremony we all gathered in the ground trying best to capture our last memories together in that small camera.

A bittersweet smile was seen on everyone's face which was concealing the sorrow in a corner of their hearts. I was posing with my hat when Vivaan and Rohan were trying hard to take my beautiful pictures.