T H I R T Y - N I N E

ADVIK

"You know, I never had dreams. I always followed what my father said. He asked me to become someone I never wanted to be." I paused.

She didn't utter a word.

After a deep breath, I continued. "Every day I regret doing B.tech. Look at me, I fucking despise myself. I am embarrassed of who I am. I don't earn enough to fulfill my needs, fuck I feel suffocated in my own office, I no longer like my father, I try to avoid my mother. Fuck, I don't want any of this, I want to quit my job but I couldn't......" I told her as much as I can.

Clamping my hands together, I exhaled.

"Someday, I'll tell you about your dreams." She smiled.

I stared at her, unable to read her expressions.

I don't have dreams.

"That's it? You won't say a thing?" I asked.

"You're not a mess, Advik and I am not your knight to save you from all your chaos. We both know that you don't need my sympathy neither I could help you. It's your fight and you should be the one to figure out everything." She said, bluntly.

She held my hand again, this time my sweaty palm intertwined easily with hers. Ruffling my hair, she kissed my cheeks. Right in that very moment, my heart realized something-

I love her.

Turning my head to her, I saw how under the starlight, her face shined brighter than all the illuminations.

I smiled, wholeheartedly.