T H I R T Y - O N E

VANYA

With him, I lost track of time. The clock now reads two in the morning.

His eyes reflected no hint of sleep and so do my.

We keep on talking about random things till he decides to ask me about the café.

"So you stay here all the time? I mean it's a good place but the owner never asked you to go home or something?"

I smiled. Maybe I should tell him.

"I own this café."

He looked at me and then at the café. "Wow. I mean that's- you're full of surprises, for sure. I always thought that you work here."

"This café is my dream." I whispered, remembering the time when I had to start everything from the scratch.

He just offered me a small smile but said nothing. From his expressions, it is clear that there's something going inside his mind.

But there's no need to ask him anything till he's comfortable around me. Trust is not easy, it takes time.

"You want to know one more secret?" I asked.

"Yes."

"The book that I gave you about quotes and one liners was written by me. I printed one copy by myself to read it everytime I feel down but later decided to put it here in this café."

He tried to process everything. To say he was shocked would be an understatement. Staring at my face for few good seconds, his lips curved to give a full smile.

"That's why it became my favourite book, now I know." He winked.

I blushed.

"You're too cheesy." I shook my head.

"Only for you." He murmured under his breath but I heard him which made me blush further.

To distract myself, I went to put on some old Hindi song.

The feelings I am getting in my chest are more soothing than all the old Hindi melodies.

Pal pal Dil k pass,  started buzzing around.

I smiled.

Advik looked at me, our eyes met and that's when he decides to come to me.

"Shall we dance?" He asked.

I nodded.

I put my arms around his neck and he held me by my waist.

My knees went to behave like jelly and sparks fly inside my belly. The close proximity to him, undeniably strong smell of his cologne, his warm breath tingling on my neck made the situation worse. Electric current was rushing through my whole body and above all the lyrics of this romantic song.

We moved to the beat of music and that's when he choose to repeat the song in in his own voice.

Kal tujhko dekha tha maine apne aangan mein,

Jaise keh rahi thi tum mujhe baandh lo bandhan mein, Ye kaisa rishta hai yeh kaise sapne hai begane hokar bhi kyu lagte apne hai

Main soch main rehta hoon dar dar k kehta hun,

Pal pal dil k pass tum rehti ho.

I stilled. My body shivered, I am no longer in any condition to dance.

I removed my arms around his neck and couldn't stop myself from gazing into his eyes. He still held me by my waist.

His eyes are soft, holding thousands of emotions into them and did their best job of hypnotising me towards him. Our breathing became audible and the rhythmic sound of his heartbeat made me aware of his face which was just an inch apart from mine.

Our eyes were locked with each other and I don't know how it happened but I felt his lips touching mine. My sanity was long gone. In this moment I felt nothing but desire to kiss him. He brushed his lips softly over mine and in no second, I kissed him back.

My nerves shivered in delight. I encircled my arms around his neck again and he pulled me more closer to him.

I've never felt this before. It was special.

He smiled in-between the kiss making my heart skip it's beat. I felt something strong more like something sacred between us.

Maybe this kiss was worth all my haunted memories.