T W E N T Y - O N E

VANYA

Today is very hectic for sure. I thought of closing the café earlier but it seems I won't be able to do so. It's quite busy.

But I love it here. Getting no free time is also fun. I'll go insane if I've nothing to do. I like working. I like being busy.

It keeps me away from overthinking. However I always wonder that how come people complain about not getting any free time? Maybe they've their own reasons. I agree that leisure time is important but so is working.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe having free time is the need of an hour. But I can't stay with myself if I have to do nothing. My brain is mess and my thoughts are ugliest. I don't want to remember my past, although I've made peace with it but deep down it hurts to think of whatever happened to me.

I forgave my past for being brutal on me but I couldn't forget it.

So to not get these kind of thoughts, I usually love doing one or another thing till my mind is tired enough to not think about my past.

"Plain Maggie and coffee, please." A familiar voice made me snap out to the reality.

I smiled.

That boy is again here!

I don't know why but it made happy. I quickly scribbled his order and looked at him.

Once again today the very first thing I noticed about him was his hair. He has neatly trimmed his hair and was clean shaved.

Is he trying to impress me or what?

I scratched the back of my neck to hide my smile which is about to get bigger.

"Plain Maggie, Eh?" I raised my eyebrows.

He shrugged my shoulders.

After I handed him his order, I got busy dealing with other customers. But few times I saw him looking at me. I felt something warm happening in my belly which was off course for the first time in my life.

He comes here but never bothers to pick any book. I guess he's not interested in reading books?

So I picked one for him.

"Here. Trying reading this."

He was surprised, I guess. He was checking me out, I bet.

But from his expressions I am sure that he's not going to read this.

"You won't be disappointed. It has some poetries and one liners." I assured him.

This book may help him. Maybe it'll heal his pain or offer him some relief. I don't know about his story but there's something behind his not so real smile; some kind of suffering, maybe. His eyes never shine when he smiles.

I have no reasons but his pain feels familiar to my heart. And that's what pulls me closer to him. I want to know about him, about his story.

"Sure."

His sure sounded promising. Maybe he'll read it.

"Okay then." I whispered.

I don't want to go yet. I want more words to be exchange between us.

"So you work here?"

"Yes, kind of."

"This is a beautiful place, no?" "You like it here don't you?" I asked.

He nodded.

I was half way back to the counter before I turned and said. "By the way you look cute in messy hair."

That was totally not my intention to blurt it out but I did and surprisingly he blushed.