T W E N T Y - S I X

ADVIK

"Coffee is delicious." I spoke.

She moved her eyelashes and gave me a soft smile. "Thank you."

I raised my eyebrows in amusement. That means she made this coffee. Okay. Fuck. Wow.

Here's another day and like always, I am here in the café with her. She sat again across the table and like yesterday, I ordered coffee for her too.

Now, this place feels like home. Like I have some short of comfort to this place. The feelings which I get whenever I come here are indescribable.

I like it here more than my flat. Maybe she's the reason, maybe not but I feel different here.

Some hair locks are sticking to the side of her face and it takes all in me to not put them behind her ear with my own fingers.

She takes a sip of coffee and grabbed her hair in a messy bun.

Here, she took my heart again.

"I have read something interesting yesterday." She said.

"Please do tell." I grinned.

"Sometimes,

Letting go is easier than to hold onto memories which are harder to forget.

When stars fade their light,

Broken memories are the ones,

To haunt till the sun shines,

Consuming darkness engulfs sanity,

Offering pain and anxiety.

And sometimes,

Letting go is the only strength,

In a heart full of depth."

I remain still.

The words hit straight to my chest and suffocation started building up. I tried to compose myself but everytime I tell myself that nothing is wrong, all I get are flashes of my father and his disappointment with me.

I will never be able to let go of my memories, they'll never let me forget them.

My breath becomes uneven and the lines she just said started spinning inside my head.

"Are you okay?" She called.

She sounds concern and next she did something which was enough to calm all my nerves.

She put her hands on mine and gently creased them. She was assuring me that's everything's okay with her touch.

A sharp current shoot up to my spine amidst her touch. I pressed my eyes shut and let this moment sink into deep corners of my heart. The heaviness in my chest now changed it's dimension. Earlier it was of pain but now it feels something strange to explain. Like a warm feeling.

"I am good." I whispered.

She nodded and remove her hand and I came back to consciousness. Fuck. Now she'll think that such an emotional wreck I am. I felt embarrassed by my actions.

"It's okay. Everyone has their demons. I am not judging you." She smiled and I guess she understood my embarrassment.

I tried smiling back but failed miserably.

But she didn't smile. "Men are taught to be tough but everyone has emotions despite their gender."

And that one sentence from her pushed all my embarrassment aside. This time I offered her a genuine smile.

"So from where you read those lines about letting go." I asked to build up a conversation with her.

And just like that her happy face was back. Her eyes sparks in excitement.

I've noticed something about her. She's very fond of such kind of writings.

"I wrote that." She answered.