25th Anniversary Interview

Welcome to Is This True Love?

The amazing, dramatic cover art Miikun13

I don't have anything else to say but welcome, and enjoy the story.
_____________________________________
“Ladies and gentlemen! Please put your hands together for the man behind the biggest TV show in the world! The man behind The George Show!”

“Thank you so much for having me Schlatt, and while that is kind of you Schlatt, I am barely the mind behind it. There are many people who help with the show, I wasn’t even the original creator, that was my father.”

“That is true I guess. But anyway, how have you been? How is the show going?”

“Same as always really, it’s a 24/7, 365, job. George could be getting up to mischief at any time and so we always have to be prepared. I can barely even take a vacation without hearing about him doing something strange.”

“Well you opened the door for him, didn’t you? I mean, ha, you introduced all of these unimaginable plot lines for him. Like his first fiance leaving him, and him being promoted to manager in his job.”

“I can’t take credit for all of those Schlatt, it’s my team who help me with all of these storylines.”

“That’s true, and before we get into the true ‘meat’ of this interview I do have to ask, how do you prepare for George’s reactions? I mean, you wouldn’t know how he was going to react when he gets promoted, or fired, or his fiance leaving him.”

“Well we can kind of know. We have a man on our staff, his name is Matthew. He is really good at analysing George’s behaviour and predicting how he would react to every situation we throw at him. Most of the time he is right.”

“Oh! So it means you can make sure he reacts the way you want him to. That is quite smart, I have to commend you.”

“Thank you.”

“But anyway that is not what we are here to talk about. A couple of days ago you made the announcement that something very special was going to happen for George’s 25th birthday.”

“Yes. I have a very big announcement. To honour George’s 25th birthday, and 25th year of the show, we have organised for a celebrity to come into town and interact with him.”

“Interesting. Are you allowed to tell us who the celebrity is? Or are you going to surprise us when he or she appears in the episode?”

“No, I can tell you. It’s Clay Smith, the actor.”

“Really? So he’s going to visit town for a few days to celebrate George’s birthday?”

“Yes. George’s birthday is on November 1st, that is the day that he is going to arrive in town, and he’ll be there for a few weeks.”

“Will George recognise him as a celebrity? Has he not been watching Clay Smith’s TV shows and movies his whole life?”

“I wouldn’t be worried about that. We try to keep George’s life filtered, so there is no risk of him finding out something that we don’t want him to. We have staff watching whole seasons of TV shows and whole movie trilogies to make sure there isn't anything to expose our world to him. Unfortunately quite a few of the things that Clay is involved with has ”

“And will Clay be scripted like the other people in town?”

“Actually, no. Clay is well known for his fun personality, so we are going to allow him to give those genuine reactions that we all love him for.”

“Well I am pretty sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we are all excited for the chance to see that.”

“You guys just need to hold on for a few weeks. We are all just as excited as you are.”

“Well we thank you for your time. We know that you are a very busy man and likely have to go back to attending to our favourite coder. So we thank you for your time, Mr Donaldson.”

“And I thank you for having me.”
______________________________________

695 words

Short first part but just an introduction