Chapter - 15

"Laiba you're not doing it" Tanzeela scolds me "I am doing it"

I've been coaxing her for an hour to join me for this little adventure "you know he's a busy CEO laiba, crashing his work place isn't appropriate"

"But ghosting your fiancee is appropriate?" I retort.

As we've been indulged in debate whether I should crash into Azlan's office or not. It's the third day since we got engaged, and we haven't talked once, I wish to discuss some important matters with him. I asked Tanzeela for his number but she doesn't have it so I'm only left with this solution.

"You're not going to listen to me and you're going to regret like always but let's go" she turns the steering wheel in the opposite direction, leading to his office.

"You're going to come with me" I scrutinize my makeup and hairs making sure they're right in their place "of course not you and your future husband should have some privacy"

"Here you go please do not embarrass yourself through this clumsiness Meri maa" she joins her hand requesting me while I giggle because that's exactly what is going to happen and she knows it. With a flying kiss I get out of the car mustering up the courage to enter into this high tech firm.

As I enter his firm, my breath catches in my throat at the sight of its lavishness. The lobby exudes luxury through its expensive marble floor and sleek modern furnishing.

I approach the receptionist who sits with her perfectly styled hair and professional attire, She offers me a polite smile "good morning ma'am how may I help you?" She interrogates in a sweet voice "is Azlan I mean Mr Malik available?"

Her fingers dance on the keyboard probably checking his schedule "I'm sorry ma'am but Mr Malik seems to be busy in a meeting do you happen to have an appointment?"

How stupid of me to think that they'll allow me to meet the busiest CEO without an appointment, people must set up a meeting with him months before "no but could you inform him about my arrival I'm sure he'll want to see me"

She offers me a sympathetic smile "I'm afraid that I can't contact him as he's in the meeting but you're most welcome to wait here if you'd like"

I'm not willing to leave without meeting him, I look at my watch to calculate the time remaining in my shift I guess I have plenty of time

I settle on one of the plush chairs in the waiting area wishing if I at least had his number none of this would've happened. He surely has built a very aesthetic firm, I pass my time adoring the artworks and sleek lines of furniture.

As the seconds turn into minutes and minutes into an hour which feels like an eternity. My patience refuses to guard me anymore unable to bear the uncertainty anymore I excuse myself for the restroom and make my way up to this meeting room. Screw everything, I need to see him right now.