Chapter - 2

The room erupts into applause and appreciation as I finish showcasing my next project which will transform the tech world. I know this is my moment, I Excel at what I do and right now I'm my best.

As I approach other CEOs discussing how they can present something more innovative. Uninterested by the mediocre topic I please myself with orange juice. My rival CEO of 'Apex' approaches me with a grin on their face and I'm already frustrated by their non-existent efforts to bring me down. I can't help but roll my eyes at the uninvited rival.

It's not their competitive edge that makes them my rival but it's their incompetence and delusional grandeur. While they brag on how they're keeping me awake at night, I can barely stifle a yawn at the thought of their non-existent efforts of competing. They just desire to assure themselves that they're better than Azlan Malik but they'll badly fail with these feeble attempts.

"Well If it isn't our dear competitor" Mahir says with false enthusiasm "didn't expect to see you here thought you were still trying to catch up" I raise an eyebrow unimpressed on their predictable childish taunts "funny, I thought you'd be too busy trailing behind to notice" his grin wavers for a moment "we love a good challenge" he retorts trying to keep a good composure "unlike some we prefer leading from front"

I give a dismissive shrug "if that's what helps you sleep at night just don't strain yourself trying to keep up" their attempt at a witty comeback fails as I turn away sipping on my juice. I'll send them a thank you note for spoiling my mood. There are only a few things that I enjoy performing more than tech.

My rule in the tech realm is undeniable, we design technologies that competitors can dream to follow. "I must say Mr Azlan, your project is impressive" Gilbert says stretching me out of the annoyance "how do you manage to surprise everyone every time"

"Well, I just perform what I enjoy doing and this wouldn't have been possible without my team" Gilbert is one of those people whose presence doesn't annoy me and I enjoy discussing with him, we gather occasionally on events like this. He's older and way more experienced than I am hence I tend to shower him with the respect he deserves "keep it up Azlan you behold every quality of a good leader" he says earning a grin from me. Gilbert leaves to converse with other CEOs and I'm surrounded with the sense of boredom again.

After enduring the tiresome exchange with numerous CEOs and Apex. I decided to leave the bustling conference hall behind. With a sense of content washing over me I make my way where my favorite car is parked. Taking the driver seat I savour the familiar scent of leather and engine oil. With a flick of ignition the car purrs to life. Navigating through the city streets the cool night air whips through the windows. Driving away from the chaos of the day I drive to another event that demands my presence normally I would've neglected the offer but due to the business alliances and my appreciation towards the art I considered attending the exhibition.