Chapter - 8

Yes, laiba Rehman has consumed me

Yes, laiba Rehman has consumed me. Entirely and immensely. She is the one who has the key to my heart, who can send me to my knees, the girl whome i'll call my forever, my love, mon amour.

Yesterday at Salar's engagement, it became extremely hard for me to maintain an impassive personality when all I desire is her. So yes, i've embarked on a new chapter of my life, exceeding my steps towards achieving laiba.

I would've prefered taking my proposal to her parents but keeping in mind the circumstances I thought it was better if my father and step family went for that. Since i'm never dating her because I'm sure that eveey ounce of me wants to surrender my entire life with her.

Keeping aside all the negative thoughts I enter the Malik mansion. Each step reminds me of the harsh tales that were witnessed by the walls of this mansion which includes my sobs and mom's suffering state. All of the yelling echoes in my ear making me feel haunted. No matter how much I pretend to be strong, I'm still that Azlan after all who witnessed his mom suffering and dying at this mansion.

Mr and Mrs Malik, unfortunately my dad and stepmom lives in London however when I informed them that I'm willing to meet them for an important discussion he cleared his schedule and landed here as soon as possible. May be because I'm entering this house after 8 years. "Bhai!" Anas exclaims while holding me in a tight hug. Shahmeer and Anas are both twins and my stepbrothers, they both are unaware of the reason for my hatred towards Mr Malik. They've always respected and loved me as their elder brother.

"Long time no see!" Shahmeer joins us and hugs me from behind. "Alright alright now let me go" I struggle to utter. They both are non-identical twins but their personalities are 100% same. They release me from the tight hug and blankets their face with a smile showing their excitement level "is Mr Malik home?" I interrogate, maintaining my tone calm "dad has been waiting for you desperately since morning" Anas replies. "Shahmeer go and inform them that I'm here" without any more questions he rushes out to call him.

I sit on the sofa mustering up the calmness I'll need to face him, I won't let my fury overtake me this time. The door cracks open revealing an old man, his eyes gleaming with water, wrinkles covers all his face. "Azlan my son" he hurries to hug me but I scoot over, his expression turns into more hurtful one but he didn't let it show and sits beside me "Azlan I'm so proud of you, you've become this successful CEO" he exclaims, his voice heavy with emotions "it's all possible because of Mom" I declare in a strong voice making his facial features tense up. He nods forcing back a smile. "Might I add he grown up so handsome" Mrs Malik, my stepmom enters the lounge placing the snacks tray Infront of me. "I'll directly get to the point, my reason to come here is that I want you to take my proposal at someone's home" Mr Malik adds a wide blown grin to his face, Shahmeer and Anas's eyes widens in excitement

"Ohh damnnnnn Bhai is getting married, we're getting a bhabhi" they exclaim in unison, they're voices filled with enthusiasm. They run to their room probably discussing about the functions.