Chapter - 10

I'm on cloud nine today actually I'm above the clouds after all it's officially 'Tanzeela's wedding week'. Thankfully my arrogant dean has agreed to leave me for a week but after that I'm on duty for 2 days continuously well let's enjoy the function right now. Today is her mehendi function, the hall is aesthetically decorated as a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors, intricate patterns and colourful motifs. The lively lightning setting adds a whole new dynamic to the night.

Being Tanzeela's bridesmaid I'm responsible to transform this event into a memorable one for her so while she's busy applying her mehendi, I'm making sure everything goes well. Thankfully I'm done with mehendi and am standing here all ready in my traditional sea green attire. Half of the people are clothed in yellow garments symbolizing mehendi but I'm not fond of yellow colors so yeah.

Rushing back to Tanzeela's room I flinch after opening the door
1-because Tanzeela is looking extremely gorgeous
2-what is Mr shah doing here
By here I mean in this room out of nowhere. Keeping aside the shock I initiate a conversation "hey IG?" I offer them my smile trying not to feel awkward "hello Ms laiba nice to meet you again" feeling a sense of relief, I try to make myself comfortable "please call me laiba is it alright if I call you jiju?" Tanzeela glares at me with 'i'm done' expression "yeah it's all fine" jiju shows me a thumbs up while maintaining his world famous cold face.

"I'm laiba by the way your wife's best friend" I introduce myself as if he doesn't know me yet "nice to meet you laiba" he affirms in a deep voice "nice to meet you too you're exactly like she told me" he looks at Tanzeela with a challenging look to which she widens her eyes at me "really? What did she tell you" she signals me through her eyes which I totally understand "that you're extremely handsome and nice" I hurriedly affirm, earning a chuckle from jiju "you guys continue whatever you were doing I'll get going"

I leave the room only to crash with an Aunty "thankfully you're here" she exclaims handing me over the tray adorned with mehendi for rituals "set this along with other things" patting my shoulder she steps to somewhere else while I move to keep the mehendi along with other ritual essentials.

Humming a sound I make my way to keep this tray, within a minute I stumble to a man but thankfully nothing happened to the tray it's safe and all new in my hands. My eyes travel to the person I stumbled into ohh....damn

Azlan Malik wearing a white kurta, with his sleeves folded revealing his veiny hands. My heart embarks beating unevenly after looking at him. How can someone look so effortlessly handsome? "Careful Mon amour you'll get hurt" him calling me Mon amour always weakens me and I like it. Him in formal was already deadly but him in Kurta is an obsession.

"Stop calling me Mon amour" I affirm and make my way to my aspiring place, I place the tray meticulously and turn around to spot him staring at me "why are you following me?" I struggle to stay calm with the weight of his gaze upon especially when it's making me feel weak "stop following me, you're literally everywhere I go" he continues to look directly in my eyes , is he ignoring me? "I'm talking to you are you there?" I wave my hand at him and he passes me a mesmerizing smile "sorry I was just too lost in your eyes, they're too captivating to focus on anything else"