Chapter - 6

I and Tanzeela didn't meet for days because of the boundaries our professional life has set around us

I and Tanzeela didn't meet for days because of the boundaries our professional life has set around us. I couldn't express my fury or anger about Tanzeela because of the rumours about her on social media before I can react I'm bombarded with the knowledge that she is getting engaged to Salar shah. Unbelievable but here I am for shopping.

Thrill and anticipation are dancing on my nerves as I couldn't wait for that day to come, we both have eternally dreamed for our weddings and she'll be the first one to walk down the aisle, I'm immensely ecstatic for her.

I've checked out every portion of this mall yet I couldn't search for a dress that'll captivate me through it's elegance. The engagement party is being held at Tanzeela's house so I couldn't show up wearing a heavy embroided dress. My concentration is redirected to the beacon of serenity, a book shop. Forced by my instincts as always I step into the book shop and scan every corner of it, each book igniting a desire within me to buy them. But sorry my loves my TBR is all occupied however that won't stop me moving my fingers on the books and smelling it's inviting aroma.

How?

The fresh fragrance of books is transformed into the scent of musk and exotic spices. A scent that holds mystery, warmth and earthy notes drawing me with it's magnetic charm. I spin around to peek the host of this scent and there stands Azlan Malik firm and intoxicating. His head is buried inside a book which I was reading a few minutes back.

"What are you doing here?" I interrupt him, he shuts the book and notices me "The very thing you're here to do" he states, his voice cold as ice "I mean do you read books?" Sarcastically I throw my hands gesturing around the book shop "No I don't but what's wrong in looking" laiba it's a mall and he can be here, why are you so stupid! "It's too much of a coincidence that we both are consistently meeting should I think you're stalking me" I chuckle by the end, it's supposed to be a joke but observing his expression he might think of me as a lunatic.

"That was supposed to be a friendly joke don't be so serious" his expression remains perplexing "alright I'm sorry" I roll my eyes clearly frustrated by his colder than ice face. I pretend to check a book that the sound of his chuckle echoes in my ear. It's one of the sexiest chuckles I've ever heard totally fictional by attributes I shrug off all these nasty thoughts. Being a reader means romanticizing every situation and scanning every man having a fictional ideal in their mind. Normally I would've thought he is arrogant which I still do but he kinda gives off Alex volkov vibes.

Uhh grow up laiba you don't even know him!!

"Well what are you doing here Dr" he asserts making me flinch "ohh.. I .. I'm here to buy some clothes for Tanzeela and Mr Shah's engagement" he nods and hesitates "I'm here for the same cause mind a company?" He ask looking at me with a puzzled yet cute expression. "But I don't even know you enough" I place the book on its exact position on the shelf "I'm your patient besides it'll give you a company and prevent me from receiving unwanted ladies attention" this is the most I've heard this man talking. I don't know him, his company is equals to having no company at all but having a second opinion is better I suppose. "Alright but we'll go for my shopping first" I said keeping my eyes on him "whatever you say mam" he gestures his hand for me to proceed, the kind of act that is displayed in movies, a 'ladies first' kinda move, and God forbids it's so cute.