Chapter - 9

"Meri jaan ap dupatta sambhale apko mein sambhalunga" I whisper, still captivated by the essence of her in my arms

I whisper, still captivated by the essence of her in my arms.
Before I hesitated to even speak with her but now, my heart can't handle the desire to make her feel loved, to show her that there is someone who'll treat her better than her book boyfriends and that her love story is worth reading. So here it is, Azlan Malik surrendering himself to laiba Rehman. She masks a perplexing expression on her face and utters "are you stalking me?" Right, anyone would've thought the same

Because nowadays my presence is everywhere she leaves her mark on so yeah her concerns are valid "I'm not a cheapster Mon amour" I explain "I would never stalk you"
"Then how do you explain being everywhere I go and you're in my house seriously!" She scrunches her nose, my heart skips a beat looking at how cute she is "coincidences is all I can say" I state keeping my voice plain "why are you here right now?" She throws another question in my direction "the same thing you got ready for" I could've replied straight forward but I'm too busy enjoying her angry state. She resembles an angry bird short,cute, fiery

"What!" She whisper-screams "it's your family inside?" A furrow adds to her brows, she points towards the interior house as she gradually understands the phenomenon "so you're the one who brought a proposal for me" finally she understands, but her features narrate other things. She hates me! She thinks I'm pathetic! I shouldn't have seemed too desperate! My inner voice runs a sense of nausea through me only adding to my worries.

"How can I marry you?" she says pressing on the words "I'll try not to take offense on that" I affirm politely, masking my grief, it feels like someone's stabbing my intestines "don't get me wrong I said it because we don't even know eachother" her dimple-smile vanishes the anxiousness within me but still I do not offer a smile "calm down it's just a proposal and we'll get married whenever you're ready" I plainly urge her, hoping she would make a decision in my benefit "why don't you refuse?" She comments hastily I look at her with a storm of uncertainty raging within me. Am I not goodlooking? Or do I not earn well? Does she love someone else? Am I making her uncomfortable? Before I can utter anything else her words drift the conversation in another direction.

"Oh God why do you have to act so serious every time Don't you know how to smile?" I pass her a puzzled look. A full blown laugh interrupts us "that's a huge task for him bhabhi" Anas states "you know when he was born the nurse herself was traumatized to look at a boy who neither laughed nor cried at his birth time" laiba laughs heart while every ounce of me gets lost in the space where her laugh is the only sound echoing every corner, the only source of my solace. They share a high five in a bubble of making me offended but I'm used to hearing nicer compliments "by the way I'm your extremely jolly brother in law Anas Malik" he offers her his hand and she willingly takes it "you're really sweet" smile never leaving her mouth.

I can't help but feel a pang in my heart with the knowledge that she has never laughed in my presence like now. "I wanna know bhabhi how can someone so full of life, nice, beautiful like you agree to marry bhai" that's a fact I'm immensely lucky if she hands the privilege of being her husband to me even I'm not worth her "do you have any suggestions because I haven't agreed yet" a mischievous glint twinkles in her eyes as she navigates her honey eyes at me "anytime just text me bhabhi"
"Laiba" her brother calls her "they're calling you inside clums" she rolls her eyes and walks inside, I chuckle at the title her brother gave her she surely is clumsy but now I'm there to handle it.