Chapter - 3

I'm a girl fixated with fantasy, I consider this world a reflection of us , intermittently harsh and occasionally pleasingBut the existence of fantasy is like a long awaited cuddle like a chef's kiss , like a home It's a door to a universe where y...

But the existence of fantasy is like a long awaited cuddle like a chef's kiss , like a home
It's a door to a universe where you could heal all those wounds gifted by reality
When reality drains you , exhausts you , weary you fantasy tends to uplift you
So yes , I agree I'm a girl absorbed with my books for others They may be a group of papers but for me every stroke of ink comprises an unparalleled realm of which I desperately wanna be part of.

Books are my form of escapism, my Roman empire. The fictional man makes me feel loved in a way I'm afraid no existing figure would. I want the old kind of love. Doors opened for me, dancing in the rain, stargazing and having deep conversations, writing vintage letters, where someone loves you for your soul not features, when someone listens to your eyes. I'm afraid no one will love me like that and all the delusions come to an end as I seal my books.

After finishing my reading session I'm left with the feeling of void but I'd buy new book from my TBR tomorrow. I walk towards Zayan's room to ask for a favor, I hope he doesn't ask for return favors because I'm totally drained right now. I knock on his door but he doesn't answer so I bang the door more loudly "why you're so obsessed with banging my door" he opens the door and leans against the doorframe "just because you don't open it when I knock nicely" sounding sarcastic I enter his room pushing him aside.

Upon entering the room I stifle a sigh as I take in the ridiculous decor "seriously Zayan, can't you update your room.. your taste in art is pathetic" he grins at my comment "c'mon you know how much I love mismatched things" I can't help but roll my eyes at his narcissistic personality "besides you're just jealous of my impeccable taste" I give him a playful scoff, offense building in my body "oh please your taste is as impeccable as a neone coloured parachute pants" he laughs perfectly knowing that I have a point "touche laiba touche"

After this playful banter which I effortlessly won I decide to come to the point "could you please give the car keys I'm staying over Tanzeela's place tonight" a smirk blanketing his face "uhh that stunning best friend of yours" he says earning a hit on his shoulder. He should be grateful that tanzeela doesn't mind his nonsense flirting skills "alright alright" he says while laughing and reaches the dresser to grab the keys "since you asked so nicely here are the keys but remember this favor for next time"

"Thanks bro you're the best"
We share a sibling fist bump before I head out leaving him in his ridiculous sanctuary. Although he's one year younger than me, he forever acts like he's my older brother. He protects me and cares for me.

 He protects me and cares for me