Chapter - 13

(Play I love you slowed and reverb)

How ironic life is. I drained myself to study for hours and compromised my health just because I wanted to live an independent life.

Here I am instead of doing a manicure  I'm washing dishes right now, on my very own best friend's Walima. Time passed in the blink of an eye that feels like yesterday she had just met Salar.

I didn't get the chance to call and ask about her life as a wife but I sure am planning to drive out a few of the details from her wedding night today.

Thankfully I finished washing all the dishes and as I removed the washing gloves someone put another pile of dirty dishes for me to wash. I turn back to see my idiot brother Zayan sticking his tongue out to tease me "I'll kill you bastard" I scream and throw my slipper in his direction but he elegantly dodges it.

Unwillingly I washed those dishes as well and burst into my room to get ready for the Walima.

Taking a sneak peak of my already chosen dress for this day I found myself not liking it that much, this color is too dark for a Walima isn't it? I ask myself and answer back.

Getting myself ready for some taunts and decorating some fake tears in my eyes "baba" I scream and burst into dad's room. "What happened princess?" dad sweetly gestures for me to sit on the bed beside him, Zayan is laying on mom's lap probably brainstorming ways to irritate me "baba I don't have any dress what am I going to wear today?" I cry out

Mom rolls her eyes at me "this is your usual drama even now if I open your wardrobe it'll be bursting with dresses" she explains while running her hands through Zayan's hair. In this house Zayan is mom's favourite while I am dad's princess "ok we can go and buy a new one if you want" dad pats my cheeks meanwhile a few more tears makes their way out of my eyes

"You've already spoiled her too much now she has to get married, who else will bare her this much tantrums" mom blurts out transforming my act into reality "exactly dad what's the point of a new dress when she'll still look ugly" Zayan interrupts.

"You don't have to worry about it I've chosen a man for her that'll cherish her tantrums" dad says "and Zayan, stop teasing your sister or I'll ground you for weeks"

I pout and look towards mom with a light of hope that she could do something. She gets up and brings a box from her cupboard "it's the first saree that your father gifted me after wedding" mom affirms in an emotional voice, "now go and get ready or we'll be late"

I rush towards my room with a heavy feeling settling on my chest. For daughter wearing her mom's wedding  dresses is always overwhelming. One day I'll be giving my daughter one of my wedding dresses, the thought of my daughter sends me in a memory of my future husband Azlan Malik. He is a charming man but I can't happen to love him. For love I need to know him not only get attracted by his looks and actions.