30

“I didn’t protect you well.” Taehyung's tone was full of distress and unwillingness. A pair of sharp eyes fell on the back of Jennie's white hand, but it was more like penetrating the back of her hand, as if he wanted to slash the man who had shot Jennie with a thousand knives.

“At that time, you went to answer the phone, and it was impossible for you to run to me immediately…” Jennie couldn’t bear to see Taehyung putting the blame on himself.

Taehyung raised his eyes and said slowly, “That call was made to cut me off.”

In fact, when he asked for the second time and there was no response, he realized that he had been tricked, but it was too late.

“Why? Could it be…”

Jennie was shocked. Could it be that someone was targeting her?

“But it seems that there are other people who were also shot, don’t they?”

Taehyung's face was a little grave and he shook his head, “Those should be covered up. Except for you, the other people who were shot died, but there is no relationship between the two of you. It can be seen that this is used by the murderer to confuse the line of sight.”

Jennie was puzzled. Taehyung said again, “The opponent’s marksmanship is accurate. All the people who died were killed with one shot, and when I went back to find you, they also fired a few shots at me, but none of them hit me.” Hearing this, Jennie seemed to understand that the murderer should be someone who wanted her to die, but not Taehyung.

“So…” Taehyung looked at her seriously, “Do you have any enemies?”

“Do you think… Could it be Irene?” Jennie thought for a while and then carefully asked, “She doesn’t seem to like me.”

She didn’t meet Irene very often, but every time she met Irene, the other party didn’t have a good face. Although she didn’t need to have a good relationship with Irene, she was treated impolitely every time for no reason. It was hard not to doubt Jieun. Besides, judging from Irene's invitation to Taehyung to dance last night, Irene may be interested in Taehyung.

“I have also suspected her, but I can’t rule out the possibility that it’s my enemies taking revenge on my family.” Taehyung pondered for a few seconds and then said.

Jennie nodded.

Taehyung suddenly gripped her hand, stared at her pale face, and said something that seemed to have been prepared for a long time, “I made a mountain out of a molehill before. I’m sorry, I won’t force you again in the future. Use whatever you want.” Jennie was stunned, not expecting that he would suddenly and sincerely bow his head.

“I had already prepared flowers the night of the banquet, and I wanted to go home and tell you about this… Now the flowers have all withered.” Taehyung said, and suddenly smiled embarrassedly, “There are no flowers today, you… will you forgive me?”

When seeing Jennie covered in blood on the ground, and then tormented for two hours outside the operating room, and after two days of waiting in front of her hospital bed looking at her pale face, and not knowing when she would wake up… After all these experiences, he deeply realised that it was more important to see Jennie wake up safely than to struggle with who she favoured.

Jennie's heart warmed, and she wanted to get up and hug Taehyung, but she couldn’t because of the injury in her abdomen, so she beckoned him to come over.

Taehyung leaned forward and Jennie placed a kiss on his cheek, which had been haggard because of the last two days, and smiled, “Actually, I was going to talk to you that night at the banquet, and I’m not angry anymore. Brother Suga is my good friend, and I originally wanted to introduce you to each other in the future…”After listening to her explanation, Taehyung smiled with relief, kissed her pale soft lips with his warm thin lips, pouring in his thoughts for many days in the kiss.

Jennie closed his eyes and accepted his tenderness.

The frustration from before was washed away.