24

“Young master.”

“Young master.”

When it was very late into the night, Taehyung returned to the mansion. His long legs in straight military trousers stepped out of the car door. His face was cold as he strode past the housekeepers and maids who bowed to him and stepped into the main hall of the mansion.

Mother Kim was playing music on the gramophone on the sofa. When she saw Taehyung coming back, she looked back at him, continued to play with the gramophone, and asked casually, “Have you eaten?

“Yes.” Taehyung did not stopped. Seeing that Jennie was not in the main hall, he went directly to the side hall and went upstairs.

Mother Kim glanced in the direction of the side hall, and smiled helplessly and happily.

As soon as he came back, he went straight upstairs, but he hadn’t seen her for a day. How anxious was he to see her daughter-in-law?

Taehyung that went upstairs did not go to the study first as usual, but went directly to the master bedroom.Pushing open the bedroom door, he saw Jennie holding a towel and nightdress, ready to take a bath.

Seeing him came back, Jennie also asked, “Have you eaten?”

“Yes.” Taehyung's eyes fell on her face.

She put on light makeup and should have gone out today.

“Oh, then…” Seeing his sharp eyes staring at her without blinking, Jennie thought he wanted to have sex, so she raised the clothes on her arms and said shyly, “I’ll go take a shower first.”

“Wait.” Taehyung closed the door behind him and walked towards her. His tone was casual as he asked, “Where have you been today?”

He looked calm at this time, and Jennie couldn’t see the breath he had been holding this whole time, she replied blankly, “No, I’ve been at home whole day.”

“…” Taehyung's eyes darkened, looking at the faint blush on her face and asked, “Then why do you wear makeup?”

“When I feel like it, I just apply, does it look good?” Seeing that he noticed her makeup, Jennie asked expectantly.

She was quite satisfied with her makeup today, he will also think it looks good, right?“…” Taehyung's heart sank, and he didn’t answer her question, but just pointedly said, “You apply make up every day.”

Not only did she put on makeup when she was in the mood, in fact, since she had got the set of makeup from Suga, she used it happily every day.

He thought it was normal before, but after learning Suga's identity today, he felt very uncomfortable.

“…What’s wrong?” His cold attitude made Jennie finally aware of the strangeness and asked cautiously.

“Is it Suga who gave you the cosmetics?” Taehyung asked directly.

“Yes.” Jennie nodded her head.

“Are you good friends?” he continued to ask.

“…Yes.” Jennie nodded again.

“…”

Taehyung lowered his eyes and began to pace in the room. His leather boots made heavy footsteps on the carpet. After pacing for a few steps, he stood still, “Your good friend is always against me recently.”

“Huh?” Jennie didn’t know why. Taehyung looked back at her, “I ordered 100 penicillins a while ago, and he deliberately withheld 70. I sent someone to negotiate but there was no results. Today I went to him in person but to no avail. His attitude was arrogant and not like a doctor but like a commander-in-chief!”

He wanted to see her attitude towards this matter.

Jennie was surprised, “Why did he withhold it?”

“He said that there is no war at present, so he withheld the medicines incase there’s emergency in the hospital.” Taehyung told the truth.

He was not a person who reversed black and white in order to gain recognition. After all, he thought that Suga violated the contract this time, it was Suga's fault, and he has nothing to hide.

“Then…” Jennie held the towel and said slowly, “This seems to be excusable…”

From Suga's point of view, it was only natural for him to think about the hospital and the patients first.