Can't Trust the Quiet Girl

My name is Amelia, i am 16 years old and I go to Claremont high. Im the quiet girl. You know the one with no friends. The one who sits in the back always looks down and never says a word. Yea, that's me. no one likes me but I don't know why I never did anything wrong. These people torment me telling me to die and that I am a worthless good for nothing bitch and I sometimes believe them. One time they got me so angry because they called me fat and ugly that I starved myself for a whole month and I also cut my hair short. I kept it like that its nice I added red to the bottom to it so it would look nicer.

Right now im in my own little world I know I have to leave it soon since im in class but I always come back. Im my world I have a best friend named Ren who loves me to death and I love him to death. I really wish he was real so I could talk to him all the time but unfortunately is not. I was sitting under my favorite tree thinking when Ren came and sat beside me.

"Hey Lia what's up?" I turned and looked at him "Nothing just thinking." I laid my head on his shoulder "What about?" I shrugged " I really don't know I just zone out sometimes and think about whatever." Ren started to pet his head "Amelia you have to leave now I hear someone calling you." I sighed and kissed his check "I love you Ren."

I left my world and saw everyone looking at me "Ms.Winters what did you get for number four?" I glanced at my paper and shrugged my shoulders "An answer." everyone laughed as Mrs. Leon wrote me a hall pass "Go to the office." I grabbed my stuff walked to her took the hall pass and shuffled out of class.

As I sat in the office I entered my world again.

"Ameeellliiaaa!" I looked up at the tree and saw Ren sitting on one of the branches. I smiled and climbed up to join him. "Fancy seeing you here Ms. Winters" he said. I giggled and playfully slapped his arm. "You know that lady in the office just called your mom to come pick you up," Ren told me. I let out a sigh and nodded. "I hate going home. It's never the same without my dad." I said. Ren looked at me and held my hand. "I know kiddo. Even if it is just you and your mom now you have to make the best of things." I replied, "My mom doesn't understand me like my dad did!" Ren looked like he was about to say something when i got pulled out of my world and into the real one.

"AMELIA!," my mother screeched. I didn't even realize we were already home. My mom snapped her fingers in my face and said, "Amelia! This is the third time this week I've been called out of work to pick you up from school! How many times am I going to get a call saying that my daughter is not paying attention in class!?" I shrugged my shoulders and made my way through the kitchen to my room. "Amelia! Do not walk away when I'm talking to you! AMELIA!," she yelled and grabbed my arm to make me face her. "What!?," I choked out. I felt like crying. Her expression changed from angry to sympathy. "Just go up to your room.

I'll call you when dinners ready."

As soon as she let me go i ran up the stairs into my room and shut the door. I put my Death Cab For Cutie record on my record machine and walked into my bathroom. When i looked into the mirror i saw a girl. A weak, pathetic, girl. Pale skin with messy, short hair that had red tips. This girl was thin. But no matter how skinny she tried to make herself, she never seemed satisfied. I put my head in my hands and squeezed my eyes shut to make the tears stop from coming out.

"You dont have to keep making yourself throw up you know. I think you're fine the way you are," Ren told me. I lifted my head up to see him standing behind me. I tried to smile, "Yeah well you aren't the one who gets told that they're fat everyday." I turned around to face him and leaned back on the counter in the bathroom. He grabbed my hips and brushed the bit of exposed skin under my shirt with his thumb. He rested his head between my neck and shoulder and said, "You are perfect Amelia Winters. Please don't forget that. Ever." I sighed, "Don't say that." Ren leaned back and took my face in his hands and made me look him in the eye. His eyes were beautiful. They were a faded blue, almost like a light grey. "You are fucking perfect. Your argument is invalid." I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm sleepy," I told him. "Alrighty. Time for you to go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow," he sighed and kissed my cheek.

I layed down in my bed and fell asleep to the cracks and pops off my record.