Chapter 30: Sindoor

It has already been a few days. Today was Chameli's Haldi ceremony and tomorrow was the big day—the wedding.

Bondita was supposed to get ready but she was engulfed in the novel Batuk gave her. It was all about love so far and she was enjoying it, until the male lead started undressing the female lead.

"What the hell?" Bondita mumbled. "Why is he undressing her so roughly? What is this?"

All of a sudden, she flinched as someone opened the door. She quickly closed the book and looked at the door, only to find Anirudh in an adorable yellow kurta.

"Bondita, look, Kaka made me wear this color. I don't like this!" he said grumpily and walked to her.

Bondita stood up and hid the book under the blanket.

Anirudh glanced at her from head to toe. "You didn't get ready yet?"

She gulped nervously. "Patibabu, I am about to go and get ready. It's just that I got busy."

He arched an eyebrow, forgetting his complaint. "Busy with what?"

She slapped her forehead dramatically. "Uffo, Patibabu. You will waste my time now if I keep talking to you."

"I am wasting your time?" he gaped at her accusation.

She smiled cheekily and took her saree. Before stepping inside the washroom, she said, "By the way, Patibabu..."

"Yeah?" he waited for her to continue speaking.

"You really look handsome! A lot!"

Anirudh wasn't expecting that comment from her right now so he became awestruck, not knowing what to respond as Bondita dashed inside the washroom.

After realizing what just happened, a grin appeared on Anirudh's face as he rubbed the back of his neck. "This girl will be the death of me one day," he muttered and walked to the nightstand to take his watch.

His eyes fell on the blanket, which was a bit messy. Not wanting to burden Bondita with more work, he decided to fold the blanket himself.

When he pulled the blanket, his eyes fell on the book which was lying on its back.

"Oh, so Bondita was reading a book. That's why she said she became busy. Well, books are such a thing. When we read it, we lose track of time," he uttered and picked up the book.

He kept it on the nightstand and folded the blanket neatly.

Soon Bondita got out wearing her saree and Anirudh's breath hitched seeing her. She looked so ethereal and pretty in yellow. Her hair was untied, no jewelry—only saree.

"Wow..." he couldn't help but speak.

Bondita walked toward the dressing table and sat there. "Patibabu, can you please pass me the sindoor packet? This one ran out so I need to refill it. It's on the first drawer of the nightstand."

Anirudh nodded and opened the drawer. He took out a packet of sindoor and rushed to her as she hurriedly wore her jewelry.

"What's the need of wearing so much heavy jewelry, Bondita? They might hurt you," he told her.

"You don't understand, Patibabu. It's Kakasasurji's rules. I always have to look like a zamindar bahu." She continued decking up. "Did you bring the packet?"

"Yes." Anirudh took the empty sindoor container. "Let me fill it up since you are busy."

Bondita muttered a small thanks and started doing her hair.

Anirudh finished his task and Bondita was ready as well.

"Okay, I am ready. Let's go downstairs. Kakasasurji is alone as Som Dada and Batuk went to Keth Dada's haldi." She was about to go but Anirudh grabbed her wirst lightly.

"Bondita, wait."

She turned to gaze at him quizzically. "What's wrong, Patibabu? Am I not looking nice?"

He looked at her from head to toe and twitched his lips. "You look perfect.... but..."

"But?" She was confused.

A sly smile appeared on his lips as he approached her and placed a small kiss on her hairlines.

Bondita closed her eyes at that.

Chuckling at her reaction, Anirudh took a pinch of sindoor and filled her hairline as some sindoor fell on the tip of her nose.

"This was missing," he completed, making Bondita flushed.

She opened her eyes and averted her gaze, not being able to compete with his intense gaze.

Anirudh wiped the sindoor on her nose with his index finger, fully enjoying his Bondita's reactions.

Once he was done, he lifted her face to meet his gaze.

"Patibabu... we... have to... go..." she stuttered.

Anirudh hummed in response and leaned closer to fill up the distance of their lips, giving her a soft peck.

Then he moved back and before Bondita, whose heart was hammering in her chest, could run away in shyness, he entwined his hand with hers.

"We are gonna go downstairs together, meri pyaari biwi."

A/N: Next chapter update when there's at least 10 comments.