Chapter 8: Dinner Dash

Everyone is sitting at the dining area, waiting for dinner.

Bondita instructed Koyeli and Bihari to bring food on the table. She went to call Chameli.

"Chameli, dinner is ready," said Bondita at the doorstep of Chameli's room.

Chameli got up from the bed, wearing another salwar suit. "Let's go then. I am hungry."

Both of them went downstairs.

Keth, who was losing his patience while waiting because he was starving, glanced at them. But the moment his eyes fell on Chameli, he forgot everything, even his hunger.

"This is my friend, Chameli," Bondita introduced her to Keth and Som. "This is my Keth Dada and Som."

Chameli folded her hands and greeted them quietly.

"Nice to meet you, Chameli Didi," said Som.

"Chameli, please take a seat," Anirudh told her.

"Yes, I am dying out of hunger," said Batuk.

Keth didn't utter a single word.

Chameli sat next to Batuk while Bondita started serving dinner to everyone.

"Wah Bahu, I missed having food made by you," said Ksj as he took a bite.

Bondita just smiled in response.

"Bondita, sit with us," Anirudh instructed.

"Yes, wait a minute, Patibabu."

Batuk noticed Anirudh and Keth's plates were untouched. "Kaka..." Batuk started. "I understand that Anirudh Dada is waiting for Boudi to eat. Only after she takes the first bite, Dada will start eating. But why is Keth Dada not eating?"

Everyone looked at Keth's plate.

"Keth Dada said he was starving, didn't he?" Som pointed out.

"Keth, beta, what happened?" asked Ksj.

Keth got out of his trance. "Nothing, Baba."

"Keth Dada, did you not like the food?" Bondita asked hesitantly.

He shook his head instantly. "No, no. I was just thinking about business," he lied.

Bondita sat next to Anirudh and finally they started eating.

"Chameli Didi, how was your and Boudi's life in London?" Batuk asked curiously.

"I wrote everything in the letters, Batuk. What's there to know in my life?" Bondita said while eating.

"Come on, Boudi! There must be some things you didn't write. There has to be," Batuk urged.

"What will I not inform my patibabu?" she raised her brows.

A teasing look appeared on Batuk's face. "You will not inform Dada how many boys chased you, right?"

Bondita's eyes widened at this and Anirudh froze in his spot.

Batuk turned to Chameli. "Tell us, Chameli Didi."

Som smirked. "Even I want to know."

"Well, not chase, it's actually propose," Chameli corrected, earning a glare from Bondita.

"Bahu, some unknown men proposed to you?" Ksj asked in shock.

"Looks like Anirudh isn't the only one getting proposals," Keth said in amusement.

"Kakasasurji, I rejected them and never talked to them," Bondita defended.

This time, Chameli nodded. "Yes."

Trilochan seemed to understand. "Okay, everyone now eat quietly."

Anirudh, who didn't utter a single word, just glanced at Bondita, who looked anywhere but him.