Chapter 20: No Law

Chameli froze.

"Chameli, you have to tell him the truth before getting married. Because if it gets out later, everything will fall apart," Bondita tried to explain. "Please, inform Keth Dada everything about your past as soon as possible. I can't let you keep him in the dark, okay? I will support your love since you love him " With that, Bondita got out of the room.

She went downstairs and found the RC brothers still in the living room, sitting now.

"Batuk," Bondita called out, as all four of them looked at her, "did you call me for anything?"

Batuk was about to open his mouth but he remembered Anirudh's words. How would he know when to speak what, he had no idea. But his instincts and the burning gaze from his Anirudh Dada, told him it was better to not say anything about his ear getting twisted.

"No, Boudi," he replied.

"Bondita," Anirudh uttered, "What did Chameli say?"

Bondita looked at Anirudh. "She loves Keth Dada too and wants to get married."

"I told you!" Keth grumbled.

"But Kaka wouldn't agree to this," Som said. "He is really mad at everyone."

Bondita arched an eyebrow. "Why at everyone?"

"Because Anirudh Dada supported Keth Dada, so he assumes all of us would as well," Som informed.

Bondita took a seat on a couch too and put her index finger on her cheek. "We have to think of something."

"Boudi, what's Chameli Didi's age?" Batuk asked all of a sudden.

"Twenty," she answered casually but Som's eyes widened at that.

"Keth Dada, the age-gap is huge!" Som pointed it out.

Keth chuckled humorlessly. "So when Anirudh got married to a kid, nobody objected and I am at least marrying an adult."

Anirudh clenched his fist hearing that while Bondita's eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"Shit," Batuk mumbled under his breath.

"That situation was way different than this one, Dada!" Anirudh hollered. "Why are you dragging my marriage here to compare?"

Keth rolled his eyes. "Look, Anirudh, even if the situation was different, you and Bondita would have ended up getting married. You two are destined to be together at any cost."

Anirudh gaped in disbelief. "No, Dada, I believe that destiny can be written by our own hands. That day, I chose to marry Bondita to save her. Destiny didn't make me decide."

Keth chortled. "Destiny was the one who first sent you to that wedding."

Before Anirudh could say something else, Bondita interrupted, "Patibabu, Keth Dada, we have to find a way to convince Kakasasurji. Arguing with each other will bring nothing but more trouble."

Batuk got up and immediately stood near Bondita's couch. "Boudi is right. We should think of something."

"But what?" Som asked cluelessly.

"Anirudh, you and Bondita are barristers. Think of something. I really want to marry her," Keth requested.

Anirudh and Bondita looked at each other.

"Give us time till tomorrow," Bondita said and Anirudh nodded with her.

###

Bondita brought two cups of coffee in the study, where Anirudh was engrossed in work.

Before she could even knock, Anirudh said, his gaze still on the file, "Bondita, I am glad you are here. We need to work on this case."