Chapter 11: Anything For You

All eyes went to Bondita, who had her hands on her hips.

Trilochan and Anirudh stopped arguing instantly.

"You two are just arguing without even knowing my opinion. How's that justified?" She glared at the two of them, who lowered their heads as if children were getting scolded.

"I will go to the court tomorrow," Bondita announced, as a proud smile appeared on Anirudh's lips. "But I will return when Pandit Moor comes. Kakasasurji, can he come during the day?"

Trilochan nodded. "I will tell him."

"Then all's sorted," she ended the argument.

Chameli was impressed by that.

"See? Told you," Batuk mumbled.

"Bondita really has everyone on her side," said Chameli.

"You can too," Keth told her, making Som and Batuk arch their eyebrows. "I mean, once you get accustomed to our household, everyone will take your side too."

Chameli just shot him a smile, which melted Keth.

###

Bondita and Anirudh were in the car. Anirudh was driving as Bondita was quiet, which was unusual so he decided to strike up a conversation.

"Do you know how to drive a car? I remember you mentioned in a letter that you were learning," said Anirudh.

Bondita just nodded and looked outside the window, avoiding Anirudh. He didn't like not having her attention. Most importantly, he was afraid of hurting her.

"Bondita, what's wrong?" he ended up asking. "Please talk to me and clear it out."

She could hear the eagerness in his voice. So she turned to Anirudh, looking at him accusingly. "You promised me that you won't argue with Kakasasurji!"

"While you were away," Anirudh pointed out, earning a sharp glare from her.

"So does that mean now that I'm here you will argue?" Bondita inquired. "Then it was better if I hadn't returned." As soon as she said that, the car came to a halt. He stopped driving.

Anirudh held Bondita's hand in his. When Bondita looked into his eyes, she could see he was hurt by that statement.

"Bondita, I don't want you to say that ever again," he said intently. "For you, I can do anything. I controlled myself by not talking to Kaka most of the time. Do you want me to not talk to Kaka much like I did when you were away?"

She shook her head instantly.

"Then I won't stay quiet when I find something wrong," said Anirudh.

Bondita nodded at him and pulled her hand away, feeling a bit sad.

Noticing her face, Anirudh just couldn't tolerate it. So he added, "But I can try and calmly reply to him, instead of yelling or being rude."

A bright smile appeared on her face. "Really, Patibabu?"

"Anything for you, Bondita," he said sweetly, his heart finally at peace by seeing her chirpy self back.