Chapter 46: true blue

As I watched Belly and Jeremiah from a distance, a tumult of emotions surged within me, threatening to overwhelm my senses. They walked along the beach, their laughter mingling with the sound of the crashing waves. They seemed so at ease with each other, so comfortable in each other's presence.

I couldn't deny the pang of jealousy that coursed through me as I observed them together. It was clear to me that Jeremiah had a special place in Belly's heart, a place that I had always longed to occupy. And yet, I couldn't bring myself to resent him for it. If anything, I admired him for being able to make Belly smile in a way that I never could.

But beneath the surface, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at me. I knew Belly better than anyone, knew the depths of her heart and the complexities of her soul. And while Jeremiah may have been able to make her laugh, I couldn't help but wonder if he truly understood her the way I did.

As they walked hand in hand along the shore, I found myself longing to be the one by Belly's side, to be the one to share in those moments of joy and laughter. But I knew that it was a dream that could never be, a fantasy that would forever remain out of reach.

And yet, despite the ache in my heart, I couldn't bring myself to turn away. There was something undeniably beautiful about the way Belly and Jeremiah looked together, something that spoke to the depth of their connection.

As the sun began to set on the horizon, casting a golden glow over the beach, I felt a sense of peace wash over me. In that moment, I realized that maybe it didn't matter if I was the one by Belly's side or not. Maybe what truly mattered was that she was happy, that she had found someone who could make her smile and laugh and feel alive.

And as I watched them disappear into the fading light, I made a silent vow to myself. I may not have been the one to capture Belly's heart, but I would always be there for her, a steady presence in the background, supporting her and loving her from afar. Because sometimes, love wasn't about possessing someone, but rather about letting them go and wishing them nothing but happiness, even if it meant sacrificing your own.