Chapter 10: Reunion

Belly stood at the edge of the crowded room, a knot of anticipation twisting in her stomach. It had been months since she had seen Conrad, the boy who had occupied her thoughts since childhood. The summer breeze wafted through the open windows, carrying with it the scent of the ocean and the promise of change.

Conrad, his tousled hair and brooding eyes, was surrounded by a group of friends, laughing and sharing stories from their time apart. Belly watched him from afar, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness.

As the evening wore on, Belly finally mustered the courage to approach him. She walked over, her heart pounding in her chest. "Conrad," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Conrad turned to her, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. His eyes met hers, and a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Belly," he replied, his voice warm and filled with recognition.

They stood there, lost in the moment, as the world continued to spin around them. The weight of their shared history hung in the air, and a flood of memories washed over them. Summers at the beach, late-night conversations, stolen glances - it all came rushing back.

Belly's nerves melted away, and she found herself laughing and talking with Conrad as if no time had passed. The magic of their connection was as strong as ever, and the promise of a summer filled with new adventures and rekindled love hung in the air.

The night continued, and Belly and Conrad shared stories and dreams, surrounded by friends and the endless possibilities of the coming summer. They had reunited, and it felt like the beginning of something beautiful.