Chapter 29: Steven's pov: Autumn edition

Being with Taylor has made my whole life worthwhile, and I love being with Taylor. I'm glad she dumped Milo so she could be with me, not gonna lie. At first, I thought being with my younger sister's best friend was really weird, like really weird, but I got used to it.

She made me laugh and smile, unlike Elese did. When I'm with her, every atom of my body says that she's the best person ever.

I've never thought of her in that way since she came back for Bell's 15th birthday party. She was wearing the most expensive, beautiful dress I've ever seen, with the most beautiful shoes ever known to a woman.

She looked so pretty in that blue dress. Taylor swift starts playing. Belly always loved Taylor Swift and One Direction. I'm more of a directioner and harry styles type of person.

Taylor and Steven were childhood friends who grew up in a small town. From building treehouses to navigating their teenage years, their bond remained unbreakable. As they entered adulthood, life led them on different paths—Taylor pursued a career in medicine while Steven chased his dream of becoming a filmmaker.

Years later, they reunited at a local café, reminiscing about their shared past. Steven animatedly described his latest film project while Taylor listened, offering support and encouragement. Amidst the laughter and shared memories, they realized that despite their diverse careers, their friendship remained as strong as ever—a testament to the enduring power of their connection.

I love the autumn season. It's my favorite season and my birthday is right around the corner and I always spend with the boys, bells and especially Taylor.

Taylor and Steven had always been the dynamic duo of their small town. Their friendship was like a well-written story, beginning in the days of scraped knees and secret forts hidden in the woods. As they grew, so did their adventures. They explored the world within the confines of their rural home, dreaming of the far-off places they would one day visit.

Their teenage years brought inevitable changes. Taylor's passion for science and helping others led to aspirations in medicine, while Steven's creativity and love for storytelling sparked a desire to become a filmmaker. Even as they pursued their separate paths, their bond remained steadfast.

Years passed, filled with the triumphs and tribulations that life inevitably brings. Taylor graduated top of the class from medical school, while Steven tirelessly honed his craft, producing short films that garnered attention at independent film festivals.

Their long-overdue reunion took place on a warm summer evening at a cozy café in their hometown. Steven, with his unruly mop of hair and infectious enthusiasm, arrived first. He set up his laptop, eager to showcase his latest project. Taylor walked in, looking sharp in a white coat, a stethoscope casually slung around their neck.

"Steven!" Taylor's voice echoed through the café as they spotted their old friend, and the familiar smile lit up their face.

They greeted each other with a hug that spoke volumes—a blend of nostalgia and an unspoken promise of unwavering friendship.

Seated at a corner table, Steven animatedly described his film—a deeply personal story inspired by their shared childhood and the essence of their friendship. Taylor listened intently, nodding and chiming in with supportive comments.

"I can't believe you're making this," Taylor exclaimed, visibly moved by the emotional depth of Steven's project.

"Well, you were always the hero in my stories," Steven chuckled, a hint of sentimentality in his voice.

Their conversation flowed effortlessly from one memory to another, recounting the mischievous adventures of their youth and the dreams they once shared.

"You know," Taylor mused, stirring their coffee, "despite taking different paths, it feels like we're still writing our story together."

Steven nodded, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Absolutely. Our journeys might be different, but our friendship... that's the constant."

Their reunion stretched into the evening, laughter and heartfelt conversations echoing around them. As they parted ways, promises were made to stay in touch more often, to not let the busyness of life keep them apart.

Taylor and Steven walked away that night, each heading towards their respective futures, knowing that no matter where their paths led, their bond was unbreakable—a story of friendship that would continue to unfold, chapter after chapter.