Chapter 30: Why you only ever call me when your high?

The warm sun hung high in the sky as Belly and Conrad strolled along the sandy shore. The sound of crashing waves and seagulls filled the air, creating a serene backdrop for their summer adventure. They had escaped to their secret spot, a hidden cove known only to them.

Belly's hand brushed against Conrad's as they walked, sending a tingling sensation through her. They had been friends for years, but this summer was different. There was an unspoken connection between them, an unexplored depth of emotions waiting to be discovered.

Conrad turned to Belly, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "You know, this place wouldn't be the same without you," he said, his voice filled with sincerity.

Belly's heart skipped a beat. She looked into his eyes, the deep blue pools that held a mix of vulnerability and longing. "I feel the same way," she whispered, her voice barely audible over the crashing waves.

As they reached the water's edge, Conrad took a step closer to Belly. His hand gently cupped her cheek, his touch sending shivers down her spine. "Belly, I've been wanting to tell you something," he confessed, his voice filled with a mixture of nervousness and anticipation.

She held her breath, waiting for his next words. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she could feel the weight of their unspoken feelings hanging in the air.

"I've loved you for as long as I can remember," Conrad finally said, his voice filled with raw honesty. "You're the reason this summer feels so special."

Belly's eyes welled up with tears of joy. She had waited for this moment, dreamed of it even, but now that it was happening, she was overwhelmed with emotion. "Conrad," she choked out, her voice filled with love and gratitude.

Without another word, Conrad leaned in, closing the gap between them. Their lips met in a tender, passionate kiss, sealing their unspoken promises and igniting a fire that had been smoldering between them for years. Time stood still as they embraced, lost in their newfound connection.

As they pulled away, their foreheads rested against each other, their breaths mingling. Belly felt an overwhelming sense of happiness and contentment, knowing that her summer had turned into something beautiful and life-changing.

Hand in hand, they walked back along the shore, their hearts intertwined, and a new chapter of their lives unfolding before them. This summer had marked the beginning of their love story, one that would be etched in their hearts forever.