04| seven years [Prologue scene]

WORD COUNT   ∹ 2700+
PUBLISHED ON ∹  Mar 7, 2024
___________________________

Jo kitabon mein padhhte rahe aaj takWo pari hamko tujhme nazar aati haiTeri hi baaho me, panahon meRehna mujhe hardam sadaa~Teri jhuki nazar

Wo pari hamko tujhme nazar aati hai
Teri hi baaho me, panahon me
Rehna mujhe hardam sadaa
~Teri jhuki nazar

___________________________

"Ok, Ok, I'll find it, but first let me treat your wound" she said, making me sit down as she began wiping away the dry blood.

I didn't want to argue further and my mind flashed back to the last time I remembered showing the tassel to Bilal. Without wasting any time, I dialed his number.

"Bilal, where is that tassel?"
I asked in a serious tone, hoping he might know something about it.

"What? Why would I know where it is?" Bilal sounded confused, but I wasn't convinced yet, so I placed an allegation on him.

"Look, Bilal. it's very important to me and if you're joking by hiding it, then no one can be worse than me" I warned him not to play games with me regarding her belongings.

"Khan! It's not with me. I would never do that. Why are you putting the blame on me?" His response made me realize that my words deeply hurted him.

"Then where the heck did it go? You were the last one I showed it to. since then, I can't find it"

I growled in frustration. How could I have lost something so precious?

"Relax, calm your brain, and then think about where you last kept it"

Bilal's voice was soothing enough to quiet my mind. I ended the call and began to ponder where I had last seen it.

"Ammi Ji, please leave now" I said firmly as I stood up and started searching through my desk, removing all the files in frustration.

"Khan baba, we aren't able to find it" the staff members walked in, and upon hearing their words, I gritted my teeth.

"Did you check in the laundry clothes?" I asked, folding my arms against my chest, already knowing they hadn't.

"No... we will..." the man fumbled under my sharp gaze, sensing my anger rising. I was about to yell at him when Ammi Ji intervened before I could even utter a word.

"Relax, Khan. Maybe while cleaning, the maid accidentally swept it out" she suggested calmly.

"What?? It wasn't something to be swept away! I swear, if anyone has done that, I'm going to fire the whole staff" I fumed in anger. Nobody dared to touch my things, and her casual explanation infuriated me.

The staff members quickly vanished from my sight, as if they were poison in front of my eyes. I went to check every piece of cloth myself, but my tassel wasn't there. Disappointed, I returned and slammed the door shut, the sound echoing through our mansion. Ammi Ji continued to follow me.