05| Prayers

WORD COUNT   ∹ 1470+
PUBLISHED ON ∹ Mar 11, 2024

________________________

Tujhko main kitni Shiddat se chaahun
Chaahe toh rehna tu be-khabar

Mohtaaj manzil ka toh nahi hai
Ye ek tarfa mera safar

safar khoobsurat hai manzil se bhi
Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi
~Ae Dil hai mushkil
________________________

A U T H O R

"After 7 yrs, today I got one information about her and today only I lost-- that latkan" Sherkhan buried his face on her lap and complete breakdown with tears. 

Time passed, and the evening approached. Sherkhan hadn't eaten anything all day, his mind was completely blank, evident from his expression.

Lost in thought, Sherkhan gazed out the window until Ayesha and Bilal entered, pulling him back to the present moment.

"Khan sahab, ye rahi aapki amanat" Bilal uttered, flashing the tassel with a big smile.

Sherkhan rushed over and grabbed it from his hands, smiling wholeheartedly after confirming it was the same one. However, his expression darkened the next moment upon realizing Bilal had deceived him, despite his warning.

Sherkhan securely kept the tassel in his blazer's pocket and then stared into Bilal's soul, ready to speak, but Ayesha interrupted.

"Before you put another allegation on my son, let me inform you that he didn't hide it" she says, standing before Bilal.

"See, the way he's scaring with those eyes. This was the reason Zeeshan was scared to come in front of him"

Bilal says to Ayesha, completely confusing Sherkhan.

"Zeeshan?" Sherkhan asks, and Ayesha nods, signaling that he was the one who had it.

But Sherkhan still doubts Bilal, as Zeeshan never hides anything from him, considering their close bond.

"If you're bringing his name in the middle just to protect Bilal, then please don't do it. Tell me the truth"

Sherkhan sounds furious at her. In his mind, he was also questioning why Zeeshan would do that, considering their conversation they had in morning.

"Bhai, mai kya shakal se chor lagta hoon?" Bilal asked innocently, with a hint of hurt in his voice. The way he asked made Ayesha chuckle inwardly, but she pressed her lips together and refrained from showing it further.

(Dude, do I look like a thief by face?)

"He isn't lying, Sherkhan! Zeeshan was playing with it in the morning, he also got some chocolates with it. With the chocolates, he accidentally carried away your tassel in his school bag,"

Shehbaz explained the whole situation to convince Sherkhan that Bilal wasn't the actual culprit.

"While I was picking Zeeshan up from his school, that's when he confessed hesitantly" Shehbaz disclosed further.

"Now do you believe us?" Ayesha asked, crossing her arms with a serious look.

"Where is he, bhai?"

Sherkhan asked eagerly about Zeeshan, as if he was eager to talk about this with him.

"He already slept with nervousness after knowing he made you angry. That's the reason he asked Bilal to give it back to you and also apologize from his behalf"