| Prologue |

♡_______A U T H O R_______♡

_______A U T H O R_______♡

Sherkhan shove his phone inside the pocket and started to rush towards the escalator. Before he could step on the stairs, there were already bunch of people standing. He waited a lil with patting the cheque on his palm which obviously indicated that now he was dealing with anxiety. He looked around and the cheque slipped from his hands just to fly towards moving stairs, he cursed himself while trying to reach but he was having difficulty.

"No, no, NOOO!!!" He face palmed himself when that cheque flew and went beneath the escalator. He could just stand there being all helpless

"Excuse me?" A girl approached him from the back but didn't pat his shoulder. She was waiting for him to turn but he was gritting teeths out of annoyance.

He didn't bother to turn or even reply. He was too busy in visualising the outcome about the incident which just happened

"May I help you?" Sherkhan rolled his eyes after realising that she haven't gone yet.

"Is she a security guard or something?" The thought slide in his mind & he turned back to basically yell at her so that she leave him alone.

"It seems like you're having some sort of difficulty to climb on this moving stairs,"

Her tone carried politeness & a genuine concern but Sherkhan felt something else...

As Sherkhan turned to face her, his breath caught in his throat. The intensity in her gaze held him captive, rendering him momentarily speechless. Despite the polite concern in her tone, he found himself unable to focus on her words, his attention consumed entirely by the mesmerizing depths of her eyes. Behind the veil of her hijab and mask, her long lashes framed eyes that seemed to hold entire galaxies within them. The subtle smudge of kajal accentuated their depth, drawing him in like a moth to a flame. In that fleeting moment, amidst the chaos of the mall, Sherkhan felt as though time stood still, his heart echoing the rhythm of those stolen heartbeats.

"Would you mind if I help you?" Her voice snapped, jolting Sherkhan back to reality, but he was too lost to comprehend her words.

"Yes?" he questioned, his response more of a reflex than a conscious reply.

However, she interpreted his hesitant affirmation as an assuring "yes!" and proceeded to guide him through the situation.

"Mai aapka hath toh nhi pakad paungi. kyuki aap mere liye na mehram ho" she explained gently.

(I won't be able to hold your hand. Because you are not a mahram for me.)

"I hope you understand. But you can hold the corner of my dupatta, and then we'll both step together on the count of three. Okay?" Her words were considerate yet firm, a testament to her unwavering adherence to her beliefs.