02| Roses and tulips

WORD COUNT   ∹ 1750+
PUBLISHED ON ∹ Mar 3, 2024

"Koi nazar na aaye mainu Tu duniya ton wakhri ho gayi Uthaan tainu takkda jaawan Tu hi meri naukri ho gayi

Dooriyan ek pal Bhi na gawaara ho Chal ghoome duniya Phir sang awaara ho" ~pal pal dil ke pass

"Move!" Sana's sharp voice pierced the air as she scolded me for inadvertently blocking her path. Hastily, I stepped aside, tray in hand, though her irritation was palpable.

"Keep it here and move out of my room!" Her annoyance was evident as she gestured towards the desk. Swiftly, I complied, eager to avoid any further confrontation, and made my exit without a word.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

A U T H O R

Currently, Sherkhan was still lost in his dreams, even though the sunrise had occurred ages ago. It's not like he's usually late, but today was Sunday, and besides, he was living all alone. His mom had gone to pick up Shehbaz and Mahira from the USA. They had gone there because Shehbaz had some business-related work, and now they were all returning today. Sherkhan was supposed to pick them up from the airport, as he had promised his mom during a call yesterday.

Bilal, Sherkhan's best friend, arrived as planned to join him in picking up Sherkhan's family.

Bilal often visited the Pathan mansion, so he quickly gained entry without having to go through the security check that outsiders usually faced.

Bilal straight away went inside Sherkhan's room and sighed looking at him.

"Khan! Are you kidding me? Look at the time, we need to reach there in half an hour, and you're still sleeping" he yelled, but Sherkhan didn't even give him a bit of response.

"C'mon get up, we're getting late," he exclaimed while opening the curtains, and the very next moment, he got hit with a cushion right on his nose.

"At least let me hold 'HER' in my dreams" he changed his position to the left side and snuggled his face in the pillow.

"Who? That maroon dupatta girl?" Bilal caressed his nose and sat on the edge of the bed.

He lifted his head from the pillow to give a blushy and smirking reaction before saying, "Haa, teri bhabhi."

"How long are you gonna wait for her? It's been 8 years since you had that lil encounter with her."

"Not 8 years. It's been 7 years, 3 months, and 11 days," he got up and sat folding his knees.

"Yaa, Mr. Majnu. Seconds were only left, would you mind disclosing that too?" His lips formed a sarcastic smile which made Sherkhan chuckle audibly.

"On a serious note, she was wearing that maroon dress only in my dream" Sherkhan exclaimed with the intention that Bilal would listen more about it.