37.

Ψ 𝐈 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 Ψ

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞, I think he had the same if not angrier reaction.

"I thought...you...Clarisse." He stuttered as I saw 2 bear looking monsters behind him and Sebastian stayed put trying to protect me.

But he didn't have to, I knew Luke wouldn't hurt me...right?

"What?" Percy asked him staring at the sword near his neck.

"Grab them all. But her." He pointed his sword at me, and I panicked as Sebastian grabbed my wrist.

"You take her, you take me." He hissed out.

I groaned feeling a headache come on, these are like those Spanish soap operas like Teresa and all the others my mom loves. You have the leading lady and the two guys fighting for her love.

I didn't want to be the main character, I mean...come on I don't give off that type of...whatever.

Looking at Luke his one bear friend grabbed Annabeth and Grover and as the other went to grab Tyson he suddenly bonked his head so hard the bear landed on the ground wincing in pain as Sebastian held me back.

Please, as if I needed him to save me.

"Hey! One step further from the cyclops or Sebastian, I don't mind taking it out on your sister."

Lies. He was just saying stuff to get under Percy's skin; besides, he knew he couldn't even if he wanted to.

I know his weaknesses.

"Luke." I spoke and his eyes directed towards me as I moved out of Sebastian's grasp and pushed Percy back.

I sighed and looked at him, all I wanted to do was hug him. I felt myself almost smile but those words again hit me...

Stay at Camp...

My throat closed for a second, but I cleared it out to speak, "what do you want?"

He smiled and told me "To talk, that's all. Of course, on my ship, I have manners."

I sighed and told him "Okay..." Percy looked at me if I were insane and I looked at him and voiced in his mind.

I know what I am doing.

He stared at me and was still hesitant but knew he had no choice looking at Luke as he gestured behind him, and I saw a huge ship...oh shit.

***

We made it onto the ship, Luke's helpers held onto Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Tyson, and Sebastian. But he didn't dare let them touch me, I even held out my hand to see if I ran if they would do anything.

And when they looked like they were about to snatch my wrist, Luke would just give them a look and they'd back off.

But as we got onto the main deck...I saw Chris standing there. I was confused, h-how?

When...he lied... he told me he didn't...he made me feel like shit...oh my god...

I paused myself to stare at him as he turned away, he probably felt guilty. I frowned as I felt Luke's hand on my arm. I froze in place as I heard both Percy and Sebastian yell his way.

Looking up into Luke's eyes...my gaze met his eyes again, and it felt like a puzzle piece fitting together just right.

Like a perfect circle.

Perfect...

My lips parted seeing him as I tensed up and my hand created a fist as I looked away and could feel his breath on my face. I swallowed harshly and pulled away from him as I felt a tear leave my eye and I quickly wiped it away.

"Now...because I know you three can't easily just give it away. Where is the fleece? Hayley?"

He stared at me, but...his persuasion.

He wasn't using it. He was genuinely asking me, like I would just give it to him so I hesitated to answer.

"Come on, you can tell me, trust me." He repeated.

I kept my mouth closed; I knew what he would do. Take the fleece and give it to Kronos. But I also knew Luke better, looking into his eyes while there was a hint of...anger. There was a hint of...pain and sadness.

I've seen that look before, with my mom. Where she tried to hide all that pain away. I got pretty good at seeing the truth. And now I see that in him.

"Don't tell him, Hayley!" Percy shouted as I sighed out.

"I can't Luke...I'm sorry." he looked at me and frowned.

"Don't apologize! He wants to use it and hurt us all!" Grover fought back.

My throat tightened as I looked away hearing Grovers words as he held up the sword and looked at me.

"It's not here anymore. You...just missed it."

He was confused and looked at me and rubbed his nose bridge.

He leaned in and closer asking me so no one could hear, "Clarisse has it. Doesn't she?" I shut my eyes and looked away.

He groaned and held up his sword and I smirked and approached him and whispered "Luke..."

His gaze met mine instantly and I smiled at him as I smiled and whispered, "I'm sorry."

He was confused and I grabbed Backbiter from him and held it up to his chin.

Everyone around us gasped and I heard one groan, probably from Chris. I held it up and warned Luke "you hurt even a hair on Clarisse, I'll be the one to end you right here and now. You're gonna let her go."

He looked at me and asked, "why would I do that?"

If I said anything...not like I could...I would break my cover, "because you still care about camp, you wouldn't kill anyone just because, please Luke...you're better than this. I know you..."

My heart tried to plead with him, explain to him and make him understand. I had to try, right? I couldn't just let him do this, I like him so much. But I can't have him hurt my friends...

Luke stared at me and looked around and said, "come with me."

I gulped and shook my head instantly and he offered "you are the one with the sword...give me...10 minutes."

Looking over to Percy he nodded, and I looked back at Luke. I huffed out "fine..."

Watching him walk towards a door he opened it, and I held the sword in my hand as I let him go first, he huffed and walked through and I went ahead behind him, he continued going through multiple other doors and into a vacant room.

But just as I walked in, he shut the door and I didn't know how to react, but as all the teen movies would show, or even the Spanish telenovelas. That's when I saw his smirk and he approached me closer and closer.

His breath was close to my face, he smelled like...chocolates?

I would've thought he'd be eating something else in the meantime. Why chocolate?

His hands grabbed my waist pulling me forward and I gasped dropping the sword to hold his shoulders as I stared at him, his straight face turned into a smile. His face got closer to mine as his nose grazed my own.

And in his own words I heard "I missed you...Hayley."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

OH SH***

I know, Hayley and Luke are sitting in a tree...

K-I-S-S-I-N-G!