08.

Ψ 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐬 & 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 Ψ

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐬𝐮𝐬' 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, I forced myself to get up even though the bed was so comfy. I walked into the building and saw Percy standing there with his Cyclops friend the name I now know, Tyson.

He looked my way but quickly turned back. I rolled my eyes and walked by his side as a guy in an orange jumpsuit stood beside Mr. D.

He looked like he just escaped jail wearing those clothes, gave me nerve-wracking tingles as if I needed to clutch my purse to my body like you should do if you go into Times Square or on the MTA.

Anyways, as we both stood there, I asked them "Before we speak any further, why was I called?"

Mr. D. just rolled his eyes saying, "Attitude from a teenager...ugh." He grumbled.

"These two you are to keep watch. The children of Poseidon." He finished but I stood my ground.

"No, we're not. One of us is, the other just unfortunately has him as a parent. He's not my dad or a father."

The guy in the orange jumpsuit laughed at my words as Mr. D just looked annoyed glaring at me but it was true.

I wasn't claimed.

Not like I ever will be.

So, I wasn't having the thought of him being my so-called 'dad' in my head at all.

"My name is Tantalus; I am here assigned by Mr. D for a special assignment and right now I am in charge of making sure the two of you don't get into any more trouble. And you better not." He added at the end looking at us coldly.

He suddenly pulled out newspapers, one appeared on the table of a school I never heard of that read 13-Year-Old Lunatic Torches Gymnasium.

I wanted to laugh but I covered my mouth as he growled out "Don't think I'm done." He then slammed the next paper and I saw it was the alley area where I took out the Giant.

Trying to play it off I shrugged and told him "I've never seen that in my life."

He laughed at me, and I just shrugged my shoulders as he took it and I saw the words bolded on top of the page, Water Flood? Or a Magical God?

Tantalus looked at me and I shrugged again his way as he huffed out a breath and rubbed his temples for a second before his gaze met mine again.

"You think it's a funny joke to use those powers in public?" I looked at him and thought about it and told him "If I don't wanna die I'd do it over and over again."

I leaned against the table as Percy grabbed my arm, and I pushed his hand away as the guy leaned over the desk looking at me.

"I asked about you before we met, I know about last year. Don't overstep boundaries and become a traitor yourself." He gritted out as I clenched my teeth and my fists.

"And what of Percy? Look at all the crap he did." I tried to ask while throwing him under the bus and Tantalus nodded.

He crossed his arms telling me "Oh I did, I found out everything. Kids also have trouble; I mean he set his school ablaze. I don't know which is worse but you're an adult, you should be able to handle it."

But as we had an intense stare-off, we heard a knock at the door, we looked over and I saw Damien as he held a plate of food, and he walked in nervously setting it down as he pulled back by my arm.

"Just...stay back and don't get hit." I was confused by what he meant.

We watched Tantalus reach for the cup of what was probably alcohol just by the faint smell it had while Damien passed by me. As the man tried to reach for it the cup moved away from him and let a few drops out. I backed away grabbing Percy as Damien recommended me to do.

He tried to pick up the drops that spilled but that didn't work either just rolling off his hands to get away, and don't get me started on what happened to the steak. He tried to reach for that quickly by having it, but the plate flew across the room almost hitting the three of us.

"Blast!" He shouted in annoyance and anger I sighed in relief as I felt a hand hold mine tighter.

I saw it was Percy trying to hold my hand, but I quickly moved away from him. Mr. D. tried his best to comfort Tantalus about his curse. He knew it all too well as he couldn't have alcohol himself which also made him a pain.

"You're that spirit of the Field of Punishment? You stand in the lake with a fruit tree over your head, yet you can't eat." He pointed out, wow...he was smart.

Tantalus agreed as if he heard what was in my head. "Am I free to leave? I want to get on with my life."

He glared at me and looked at Percy as he shook his head "Fine, you both can leave but I will be watching over both of you. This is my camp now."

Percy blurted out to him "Your camp?"

I grabbed Percy's arm telling him "He's not worth it. Don't be an idiot." And with that, he stayed silent, and Tantalus groaned out "Fine. But the monster stays, we need to see what we can do with him."

Once he said those words, I was out like a rabbit pulling Damien with me as we left.

Walking out I looked back and he said, "You know you care about Percy?"

"No, I don't. I didn't want him to get hit by a plate, you would do the same." I explained and he just looked at me as he shook his head.

"Look I bet you don't wanna try and have a family-like relationship with him, but don't be on his bad side not because of anything bad but...look where Luke is. Don't make it seem like you side with Luke. You have to convince Percy that you're good and nice. Not here just in hopes to find him." He finally completed it as he took a deep and long breath.

My thoughts were on one thing, it was Luke. But Damien was right, making sure Percy doesn't find out about the reality is what's for the best, because if he knew...he might hate me forever or worse.

Once some more time had gone by Tantalus was gathering all the students so he could share some announcements as everyone began to appear around him. Oh boy, this guy was gonna give an announcement to his camp. Wasn't even his he just has to serve out his punishment cause he's an idiot.

All I hoped for this New Summer was that I would figure out everything, at least most of it.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Well it seems like Tantulus is going to keep an eye on the 2 Demi-Gods, but are we sure he gonna actually be able to handle Poseidons kids? 

I dont think so.