19.

⚔︎ 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 {𝟒} ⚔︎

𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐝, "well, it is a lot nicer here than Cabin 11. Isn't it?"

They all just stared at me as I sighed holding my sword and saw the couch beside them as I held out my hand gesturing to the couch.

"Please, sit." I told them, wanting to be polite.

They seemed hesitant as they looked over to who was going to protect me if they did try anything. I knew what they were both capable of.

I taught Percy myself and Annabeth was too smart for anyone, that was the only thing that I had an edge on. I had to be unpredictable.

"Where are my manners? These are my assistants, this is Arigus and Oreius. Maybe you've heard of them?" I asked with a wicked grin, but they still seemed confused.

"Don't you know the story?" I chuckled and continued "Aphrodite, ordered the young women to fall in love. She refused then ran to Artemis for help. Artemis let her become one of her maiden huntresses, but Aphrodite got her revenge."

I smiled and turned my body to face them as I played with my sword in hand, "She bewitched the young woman into falling in love with a bear. When Artemis discovered this, she abandoned the girl in disgust. As always, the Gods will always leave and give up on someone when they believe it is right. They fight one another and the poor humans get caught in the middle."

Letting out a sigh I shrugged "they're like half-bloods these two, the twin sons of the girl. Well..."

I stopped speaking and told the two "I think I can handle these guys."

They both walked away looking back from time to time as I sighed sitting on the couch finally feeling some comfort as I looked at Percy and Annabeth.

"How's that sister of yours Percy?" He looked like he was about to lunge at me, but Annabeth and his brother pulled him back.

"So, I can get under your skin with that. Good to note." I smirked.

"I've seen that...she's been growing so strong. Frankly at this rate you will barely be able to catch up it seems. Creating earthquakes like nothing. It amazes me." I told him as my eyes glistened with admiration on my side, perhaps Percy thought it was conniving.

"You poisoned Thalia's tree." He let out rather bluntly, I sighed and rolled my eyes annoyed.

Kronos had ordered that either I could poison Hayley or Thalias tree, and rest assured Percy would've been worried either way. But I wasn't going to see Hayley for a few hours, gain her trust than make her sick.

I would be sick to do that...

Kronos wants to punish me for Percy.
And I hated him for that.

"How could you? Thalia saved all our lives! Your life Luke! How could you do this to her! Families don't do that to each other!" Annabeth yelled at me; it made me feel vulnerable, nervous.

Sometimes I think, if Hayley never arrived at camp, would I have been worse?

The answer is, Yes.

I couldn't respond to her, I looked down to my lap and groaned, rubbing my eyes with my right hand as I stopped to look back up at them.

"It doesn't matter, she is gone because of the God, Annabeth! If she were alive, she would agree with me! Look what this world is becoming! And she knew that being a daughter of one of the Big Three." I angrily spat at her face even if I didn't want to.