02.

Ψ 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭 Ψ

𝐈 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐚 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, creating a bubble I used my hand and waved it towards my mouth as I saw my mom with her arms crossed and I pouted.

She didn't enjoy me using my water powers, whatever they're called, mainly because she didn't want me to get in trouble with any of the stupid Gods, so she prays to her God every night to protect me.

As I approached the window to let some fresh air come in, a breeze of air came into the apartment in such a rush it didn't feel normal. Lately shadowy figures have been catching my attention every so often. Like at school if I look out a window, I will see one.

If I'm at the grocery store and I'm in the parking lot it feels like someone's right behind me.

Now here it is again. The same feeling, I hated that feeling.

The feeling of the unknown.

My heart told me it was him.

As I grabbed my satchel my mom had looked at me and mentioned "uhhh...your...Percy's mother. Sally, I believe, la gringa. She has been calling, Percy wants to speak with you..."

I looked up at her and she stared at me with a frown appearing on her face. Am I allowed to say I'm envious?

Of course.

How is it that this boy, this kid...this could be just claimed, cared for...and yet having Poseidon as a relative...it's incredible to see how our lives were similar yet still so different.

My mom just let go of the conversation, I don't know if she did talk with his mother other than answering yes or no, but from what I can tell. I don't think she has. I can also understand my mom's argument in this too.

She had to raise me and yet the way Percy and I were raised was drastically different in experiences other than the Demi-God stuff.

Maybe if we spoke, he would be able to understand, but the way he spoke of Poseidon...I couldn't think of him any other way. Damien was more like a protective older brother who was also annoying but still helped me laugh at times.

Maybe I was rude, or spoiled because I didn't want to get close to him, but I don't have too. I may be his daughter, but I wasn't claimed, and I still haven't.

Percy has been claimed and clearly there's a difference in what Poseidon thinks of us. Him being a boy and myself being a girl just shows the son will always be favored.

"Alright, let's stop thinking about this stuff alright? It's your last day and you don't want to be late right?" My mom asked with an uplifting smile, and I just nodded feeling her kiss my cheek.

"I'll be home in a few hours!" I shouted and grabbed my keys and slipped on my sneaker and I walked out the door.

***

I made it to school safely and got through security and went up a few floors and walked to my first class. Since the semester is finished everyone was doing their own thing, either drawing, playing games, sleeping, talking about summer plans and more. I was sitting there as I drew in my sketchbook.

The main thing or more like person I am drawing is Luke.

I hated it but I missed him, I did, and I just wished I had a chance to speak with him, understand this more. Why did he use his persuasive tactics to make me stay put instead of letting me go with him?

I chewed on my finger's nails waiting to head out of school in just a few minutes since all my classes were going by, I also took the time to get in some much needed sleep, my nightmares forbid me of doing that.

When the bell rang all the seniors ran to the office to grab our diplomas, I went ahead grabbing my stuff and walked over to the office where they had the diplomas laid out calling out for students.

There is absolutely no such thing as an organized handout.

I had reached the front and looked at the counselor "Hayley D Reyes" I told her at once as she nodded frantically looking around since there were 40 more kids behind and around me

She finally grabbed a purple sleeve, one of our school colors. She slipped my diploma into the sleeve and handed it over as I looked at the front.

A smile appeared on my face seeing my name on this Diploma, I still do not understand how I'm even capable of graduating with my horrendous grades, but hey! I am not going to judge. I walked out of the office and put the diploma into my satchel as I ran out of this school to finally escape the hell hole.

I reached the sidewalks of noisy Manhattan and began walking on the street looking around, it felt like eyes were on me. I kept looking around seeing nothing and yet my stomach was still in knots. I decided to enter an alleyway and I put my hand into my bag looking around as I saw a little girl run into the alleyway seeing me.

She smiled and I looked at her, I sensed it.

She was just a little girl...

"I know you're not a kid. What are you?"

Her smile turned into a smirk as I saw her skin flake off and I gagged seeing what was going on. Suddenly she stretched about a lot taller, and I leaned my back against the fence behind me and I groaned.

"Seriously!? Now we have to do this!?" I shouted looking at the giant as I pulled my sword out of my satchel saying to it "if you don't stay back, nothing is keeping me from killing you right here and right now."

"I smelled you from miles away...and now I am hungry." She giggled out as I began thinking about the sorts of monsters I had searched up, and one of them was a Laistrygonian Giant.

These creatures are known to be cannibalistic, and their appetite definitely does not exclude a nice young Demi-God. I remember reading about them last year when I stumbled upon some books. I stared at the giant and stayed in my defensive stance looking at it.

"I'm definitely not striking first." I gritted out as it laughed at me.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

It seem Hayley & Percy are both meeting the same faint.

Freaking Giants.

But who did these giants smell out first?

Anyways hope you enjoy the first two parts!! Two more parts come out tomorrow!!

Don't forget!