06.

Ψ 𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 Ψ

𝐌𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, the rest of my body ached like hell. It felt like such a heavy weight. I was so drained of energy that I didn't want to move for some time. But when I did, I saw Damien above me worried and he hugged me. I groaned as he just lifted my body off some bed, and I looked around.

"Apollo's kids didn't know what to do, they just let you rest but you recuperated quickly. It's only been an hour or so. We won't tell your mom cause if I do, I would be killed." I laughed at him and sighed sitting up as he handed me water.

I took the bottle and began drinking it as he continued, "They did try and see if water would help but...they just let you rest."

My mind was curious, but I thought it would be better not to ask, I didn't even realize I finished the bottle, and he grabbed it and opened his bag and took out another one, taking off the cap and handing it to me.

That's when he asked me "what happened back there? And you can't lie the whole ground was shaking and the campers were all curious."

I swallowed the water and looked at him as he said, "it was like...an earthquake."

Damien stared at me as I looked away and he grabbed my shoulder "what happened."

Meeting his gaze I explained "milliseconds before one of those bulls would've killed me, I heard a voice, it told me to do it. To trust myself. And seconds later...I...I did that?" I muttered.

He just nodded quickly and laughed out "the whole camp felt it and then it caused the lake to act up and then next thing we know water is being traveled through the air to the front of the hill."

I rubbed my arms worried and trying to think as I looked back at him "how's Clarisse?"

He explained "oh she's back at her cabin, had to get a lot of people in here, a lot of kids really got injured. Between that, Thalia's tree being poisoned and Chiron leaving it's all happening at once which is why I needed you back."

My brows furrowed in confusion asking him "wait, Chiron got fired? How?"

Damien rubbed the back of his neck explaining "they think he poisoned the tree, so now they've appointed this Tantalus guy to oversee camp and it hasn't been the same and with Thalia's tree dying we've all been on watch and hesitant with anything we do now here."

I was shocked hearing all this happening, it had been a year so I figured there would be some changes but I didn't think there would be anything more serious and yet I was proven wrong.

Lifting the bedsheets I moved my legs off the bed and placed my feet on the ground.

"You sure you want to try walking?" Damien asked and I told him "A little exhaustion won't bring me down."

I stood up straight and told him "I'm starving..."

He looked at me and asked again "are you sure you wanna try and go out there? In front of everyone?"

I contemplated it, but I knew I would have to and suddenly we heard a knock.

We both turned our heads to look over at the door frame and we both saw Percy Jackson, standing there staring at us. He didn't say anything at first and I looked at Damien and he just walked out as I sighed.

"Can I...come in?" He asked and I looked at him and asked him "what is it?"

Percy walked inside as I gathered my things up and he mentioned to me "you...what you did back there- It doesn't matter but I wanted to ask if you were, okay?"

"I'm fine." Was all I said as I slipped on my sneakers and began walking to the door.

But he told me "You're mad at Poseidon. Not me."

Stopping in my tracks I felt it sting in my heart, he was right...

I was upset at the God of the Sea.

And yet...anytime I look at Percy, all I can see is him.

"You're right on that point, it doesn't change anything for me Percy. Just be grateful that a friend of yours saved you." I finished as I saw him smile.

"He's Tyson, my friend from school. He's a cyclops." He added at the end, now everything made sense from what I saw, and it wasn't made up in my head before passing out.

Looking at me, he just had a frown on his face, thinking of what he could do to make this better, help me feel better when there was nothing he could do. He couldn't go back in time and rearrange history.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say.

My eyes looked at him and I just frowned looking away "just...don't expect me to act like a big sister, okay? We may...share...DNA but, I don't think I'm ever gonna be ready for a brother. Or even want one for that matter."

The words didn't come out easily, maybe sometimes I didn't even think they were right. But at that moment it did. It felt right. And I didn't want it any other way.

"Sorry." I said to him and walked over to awkwardly pat his shoulder.

But as I did that, I looked at him and then realized something.

"Annabeth was close with Luke, right?" I asked as he stared at me, and he just nodded.

Thinking about that I smirked at him "you know I think it's cute that you guys are friends...Luke told me a lot about her. She was a sister to him, right?

He nodded again at my words as I told him "I'll see you around, alright?"

Grabbing my stuff from the floor I left him in Apollo's cabin trying to get away as quickly as ever.

When I made it out, I sighed in relief as I held onto my bag and sighed in relief making my way to Hermes cabin to drop off my stuff and finally settle in.

Camp Half Blood...second summer...yay.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Damn...poor Percy, tried to shoot his shot of having an on older sister and instead it was the exact opposite.

Do you think Hayley was too harsh?

Or is she justified?