09.

Ψ 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐧 Ψ

𝐈 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐬, and probably all the ridiculous things he was going on about. I sat there drawing in my sketchbook as I let out a deep breath ignoring him. Maybe not one of my brightest moments.

Damien's hands were big, so I recognized them as he shook me like a snow globe as I yelped and looked at him.

After steadying my eyes to look at him he grabbed both sides of my head forcing me to face Tantalus as he whispered, "he's making changes!"

That did intrigue me, and I turned my head and saw the other kids at camp talking amongst themselves "Now I know that these races were discontinued some years ago due to, ah technical problems."

He paused and I turned to look at Damien, perhaps he knew considering he was at camp for a long time. Being a Satyr was pretty cool.

But before he could speak, he said "Three deaths and twenty-six mutilations!"

I choked on air hearing Apollos' table and some kid blurted that out, Damien patted my back and I looked at him and he just gave me an amused face with a 'yeah....' type of face.

"Yes, yes. I know that, anyways you all will be joining me in the return of this camp tradition! Golden laurels will go to the winning charioteers each month. Teams may register in the morning everyone! The first race will begin three days from now, we will release you from regular activities to prepare the chariots and choose your horses." He finished and everyone began smiling and speaking trying to gather teams.

Now with everyone thrilled Tantalus suddenly began once again, "Oh, and did I mention, the team who is victorious will have no chores for the month in which they win!"

Everyone was even more excited as I smiled and looked at Damien as he said "no chores, that will be fun for you all. I like doing chores. But your mom always complains that you should learn from me. I'm like your big brother."

He pinched my cheeks and I winced and punched his stomach as he gasped and curled slightly into himself as I glared at him.

"Yeah, that was for touching me, ass-" he shut my mouth, and I rolled my eyes as he took his hand off my mouth as he smiled.

"You, Clarisse, and Chris gonna make up a team?" I looked at him and frowned thinking about it.

I replied, "they have their other friends who have more experience in these situations."

Damien looked at me and I smiled when I suddenly heard Clarisse's voice. "Full offense sir, but the fact is, our patrol group needs to keep the barrier guarded because if not we can be easily attacked and we're a target for threats."

Tantalus approached her and smiled "ahh, our hero of the day, Clarisse. Took down one of those very dangerous Colchis bulls all on your own."

Clarisse sighed and I saw her eyes meet my own, if she said I helped her out...people might put 2 and 2 together that I made the world shake for a few minutes...I didn't want that getting out so easily.

She had tried to defend her argument quickly, but Tantalus just ignored her and went right back to talking and Clarisse's siblings all pulled her back into her seat.

"Percy Jackson & Annabeth Chase have brought this..." he began bringing out Tyson. He was huge and scary just from his height to all the others.

I did have a little fear in me due to his height but, I in fact thought one eye was adorable on him.