Valhalla (The Norse Afterlife):

At its simplest, Valhalla is where warriors killed in battle go after death.

The people who reside in Valhalla are known collectively as the Einherjar,

This is the plural of Einheri, literally 'army of one', so they're the most fearsome and brutal of warriors.

Instead of sitting around on clouds, playing lutes, The Einherjar actually have important work to do. They have to prepare for the events of Ragnarök.

Ragnarök, another well-known but poorly understood Norse concept, is similar to Armageddon or the end of days.

The prime factor is generally believed to be 'die a glorious death'. You must bring glory to the battle on your way to meet your grizzly end!

Valhalla is said to be quite stunning to behold. The ceiling is made of golden shields, with rafters made from spears. No one is quite sure how big it is, but suffice to say it's enormous.

There are areas for fighting, areas for living & areas for feasting. Huge tables seat hundreds of warriors, all enjoying as much food and mead as they desire.

A wolf hangs out in the doorway to the hall and there are eagles flying overhead.

Outside the hall stands a golden tree called Glasir that is said to be among the most beautiful things in all of the world.

Lastly, It is described as a majestic hall located in Asgard and presided over by the god Odin.