THIRTY-FOUR

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 22
May

While Nina laid in bed and cried Sincere tried figuring out what to do. For the past few days she didn't want to shower, touch the baby, or even talk to him and her mom.

Her mom knew exactly what was wrong because she went with Nina to her doctors. Christina ended up staying a few extra days to help Sincere out. They weren't going to force Nina out of bed unless she had to shower because all she needed at the moment was rest.

Other than that she spent time in bed crying and eating food.

"What's wrong?" Sincere asked "I feel so disgusting Sincere." Her voice cracked.

"Why? You so beautiful, youn needa be feeling like that Tink."

"Sincere don't tell me how to feel. I hate you and everything you come with get the fuck out my face." She snapped "What's that supposed to mean Nina?"

"If I knew I would feel like this after a baby I woulda never kept it. I would've never asked for this shit."

"Baby ian know either. We gone work through yo problems together."

"MY PROBLEMS?!" She asked as she sat up. "Nigga these are our problems!"

"Ite stop yelling you scaring me and the baby sleep you gone wake her up."

"I don't give a fuck! Get the fuck away from me mane I don't wanna talk to you no more."

Nina couldn't understand why she was spazzing out at him like this. This was a time where she really wanted to love on Sincere and him to love on her back. Her feelings were just the total opposite of how she was acting.

"I'm sorry Sin." She sobbed "It's ite, ian tripping imma just give you some space n check back in witchu later."

"No" Nina crawled to him and laid in his lap. Sincere kissed her cheek then rubbed her hair while she cried. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I love you and Passion. My body is just going through a lot right now."

"I know yeen mean it. We love you too, I understand what you got going on so ian even paying allat no mind."

Nina's mom took the time to explain to him what was happening with Nina. She let him know to just be comforting at all times and don't let whatever she had to say get in his head because she was just speaking out of anger.

"I'm sorry Sincere, I love you. I'm trying to control my emotions but it's hard with the baby and- youn gotta keep tryna explain to me Nina I understand. We gone get through it like I said." He cut her off.

"Okay" She nodded "You want me to go get her? Yeen held her inna few days."

"Yes" She sighed deeply. "Is you sure? Ian gone force her on you if you not ready right now."

"I am ready, I wanna see her. Tell my mama I said she can go home and come back next week if we need her."

"Ian telling her det just yet. You tryna bite off more than you can chew. We need her right now ian even gone lie to you. Neither one of us been through dis before and we first time parents. We need somebody around that know what they doing."

"Ion wanna put my stuff on her and stress her out though Sincere."

"Nina she yo mama, she willing to help us n we ain't even have to ask. Let her help us cause we need it n you know ion like letting nobody help me with shit."

"Okay" Nina sat up and wiped her face before Sincere pulled her into a hug. "You my baby, i'm here for you always. No matter what's going on Nina I got you."