SIXTEEN

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 21
September

On some days Tink felt really sick and others she was just tired. She took some of her vitamins then brushed her hair into a ponytail.

She had been feeling really ugly because her hair wasn't done and it was stressing her out so she decided she was going to braid it tomorrow.

"Kierra" She spoke "Yes?"

"You sleep?" Tink asked "Nah, i'm on instagram. Why?"

"I was just asking. I miss my man. Whatever him and them went to do they need to speed up the process."

"No seriously I want my man to come back home too. Me n Dakota miss him."

Sincere, Cash, and Max went out of town for the weekend so Tink invited Kierra and Dakota over to keep her company until they came back.

"They just asked me to come in tomorrow for a few hours. You think you could watch Dakota for me?"

"Yea... but is he gonna cry the whole time Kierra?"

"Well it's only a six hour shift and I go in at five. By the time I get off he'll probably still be asleep because he usually doesn't wake up early."

"Okay, i'll watch him. I can't wait to hold my baby. I also can't believe i'm gonna be a mom. Hey at least I beat teen pregnancy."

"Not me, I was pregnant in high school. That shit was so damn embarrassing Tink."

"Aww damn ian mean to offend you friend."

"You didn't offend me at all. I was just saying. It wasn't all that bad though."

"I forgot you were younger than me. Your life is so put together for you to only be nineteen. Max perverted ass is too damn old for you."

"Well I'm almost twenty and he's twenty-three so not really. I was being fast as hell when I met him though. He was my age and I was like seventeen or something. I swear he got me pregnant on the first time."

"He took your virginity?" Tink asked "No, the first time I linked with him. We talked on the phone a lot then I finally let him see me. He got me in his car then boom next thing I know I'm pregnant. My mom kicked me out so he moved me in his apartment. He really is a sweet person but at times he be crazy as hell."

"I'll beat Max ass again I swear to God." Tink laughed as she got back in bed. "Y'all beef so bad. He be quick to hang up on you before I even get to answer."

"I be so mad when you don't pick up and whole time it be him? I can't stand him."

"Not too much on my baby. So you still have no symptoms yet?"

"Only throwing up. Other than that? No, why I couldn't just be sleepy all the time instead? I hate being sick."

"You're literally always sleep though Tink. Every time I wanna hang you always tammat my bad I was sleep."

"Sorry" She laughed "I just be cooking for my man a lot and eating makes me sleepy. Then on top of that i'm a little pregnant, so there's that." Tink shrugged

Dakota popped his head up and looked around before crawling to Tink. He laid his head on her thigh and smiled at her.

"You finally up so we can start our day." Tink smiled while rubbing her fingers through his curly fro. "Mommy" He spoke "Yes baby?"

"Eat, eat?"

"What you wanna eat?" She asked before picking him up. "Iono"

"Let me go cook my nephew some breakfast." Tink spoke getting out the bed. "But when I asked...?"