Epi Twenty Six

Lucian Maximus Dedhari's POV

https://www.tiktok.com/@lovincesi.everest/video/7325244043737173254?_r=1&u_code=ebi05a4a30l25b&region=PH&mid=6901823947638131461&preview_pb=0&sharer_language=en&_d=ed98jm92d4hjdg&share_item_id=7325244043737173254&source=h5_t&timestamp=1711511658&user_id=7314730315497604102&sec_user_id=MS4wLjABAAAAM9Gt4DeZGxOY6hdJNoA7CkASoSFg3U1S_ZxmQqdzTtAq7tcx5Qi1fmAEvqAeCmAV&social_share_type=0&utm_source=messenger&utm_campaign=client_share&utm_medium=android&share_iid=7350835311197456134&share_link_id=a4e00bf6-e8dd-4bb7-8aa7-8b04ce573657&share_app_id=1180&ugbiz_name=MAIN&ug_btm=b8727%2Cb2878&enable_checksum=1

"It's morning, rise and shine, my son!" Mom said as she walked into my room and opened the curtains, letting the sunlight flood the room and land directly on my face.

I groaned and pulled the comforter over my head, trying to block out the light. "Oh, Mom! Please close it back, I'm still sleepy!" I said, my voice muffled by the thick fabric.

But Mom was persistent. "You need to get up, son, there's bad news," she said, her voice tinged with worry. I could sense that something was wrong from the way she spoke.

Reluctantly, I pushed the comforter off my face and squinted at her. "What happened?" I asked, my heart starting to race with fear.

"You need to get up son, there's a bad news!" mom said using her not so familiar worried voice which eager me to remove the comforter into my face and to forcely look at her even though i can fully widened my eyes.

With a sense of urgency, my mom was hastily picking up my shirts and other belongings scattered on the floor, when she suddenly spoke up, "Maximillian is so very angry now!" Her voice, filled with concern, conveyed that something grave had happened.

Perturbed by my dad's sudden outburst, I asked in a slightly hysterical voice, "What did dad do again?" As I reached for my phone on the side table of my bed, I noticed a few messages and a pop-up notification in my business account on Viber. My curiosity got the better of me, and I opened the notification to read it.

To my surprise, the notification revealed that Ahmed Stanley Sheik Almactuom had gotten engaged to Rashida Al Hasani. The news left me feeling a mix of emotions - surprise, happiness, and a tinge of envy.

As I lay in my bed, I caught a glimpse of my mom in my peripheral vision. She was sitting on the couch, facing me, with a look of concern on her face. "That's what I'm talking about! Maximillian is dangerous, you know!" she said.

I sighed in response, still scrolling through my phone. "Yeah, I know mom! I don't want Rashida anyway!" I said, feeling a bit frustrated.

"You don't like her, but your dad likes her for you. You know you can't win over him!" my mom said, her voice tinged with worry.

I tried to reassure her, "Don't stress yourself with this mess mom, I'll handle this one!" But I couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling in my gut.

"Okay!" she said with a relieved tone. "By the way, why are you with Khadija? Why is she here in Dubai?" She bombarded me with questions, her curiosity piqued.

I knew my mom was comfortable with Khadija, which is why I preferred to eat at her restaurant.

 "Naah! She's one of my property mom," I said, rising from my bed to go get myself some coffee. As I walked by my mom, I saw her giving me a meaningful stare and a sweet smile. "What's with that face mom?" I asked, confused. But before she could answer, I left the room, leaving her inside, stunned with my answer.

____________________________________________

As I was sitting in my hotel room, trying to relax after a long day, I heard the door slam shut. I immediately tensed up, wondering who could have entered my room so abruptly. It wasn't long before I saw my father barging in, his face twisted in anger.