Epi Seven

I am scheduled to leave the office at 7:30 pm, but I asked my boss for an early release as I have something important to attend to. As soon as I received permission, I sprinted all the way from the office to my apartment. I took a quick half-bath since my hair was still clean. However, the problem now is that I don't have anything to wear.

As I searched through my bags, I considered various outfit options until I landed on the perfect combination - khaki jogging pants, a white U-back top that fit me perfectly, and a chic drawstring bag.

I swiftly shared my location to him from what's app, and within mere moments, he arrived at the gate of my apartment complex, ready to assist me.

"Hey there!" I greeted him with an ear-to-ear grin, feeling like a kid in a candy store. He let out a soft chuckle, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"I must apologize for interrupting your evening, my lady!" he declared, using his Arabic accent, as he firmly extended his hands once again for me to attach my arms to his. My heart sank a little, as I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by his repeated gestures.

"I want to make it clear, Ahmed, that I genuinely appreciate your company!" I said firmly while we're both heading out of the compound "Your presence always brightens my day, and I value the time we spend together. So please know that when I say it's fine having you around, I mean it from the bottom of my heart!"
Whoa! That totally caught me off guard - I never expected those words to come out of my mouth!

The ghostly figure's smile appeared on his face in response to my words. He firmly clasped my palm, linking his arm with mine, and confidently rubbed it in a slow, assuring manner. It was as if he was telling me that I was safe with him and there was nothing to fear.

I was pleased to see that he had already arranged for a Grab car, which showed his thoughtfulness. As we got ready to leave, he opened the door for me in a chivalrous manner, and I on the other hand was touched by the kind gesture. It made me realize that I appreciate such small acts of kindness from others, which I did not receive from my ex.

I am very sensitive and a small act of kindness can bring tears to my eyes. Although it is temporary, I wish to experience it more often with him.

I am not sure which coffee shop we will go to, but I hope it is affordable and cozy.

"Are there any places you would like to visit that are still open at this hour?" He ask shifting his gaze to me and gave me a reassuring smile.

Whenever I am with him, his eyes convey a sense of assurance, but also show a certain tiredness from something. He has a unique way of making me feel superior and helps me make decisions, something I have never experienced in my past relationships. This is the kind of treatment I have been longing for.

I notice that Ahmed was waiting for my response. "My Lady?" He slowly tilted his head, his curious gaze trying to read me. "Is there a problem? Or do you need something?" His Arabic accent made me melt.

I strongly dislike the sound of Arabic language in general, but his speaking style is an exception. It exudes an air of professionalism and darkness that is almost captivating. There is something about his way of speaking that draws me in and keeps me engaged.

"Sorry, I was actually thinking of going to 10,000 roses," I chuckled and shrugged.

"Ma'am the 10,000 roses is close in this hour." The driver responded when he saw from the mirror that Ahmed was about to search it.

Ahmed turned to the driver and exclaimed, "Is that so?!" He then locked his gaze on me and declared, "We will definitely access that tomorrow, no questions asked!" With a sly grin and a wink, he exuded confidence and determination.