Epi Twenty Four

Khadija POV

I walked into the office and Lenny asked, "Did you meet the terror head?"

"Yeah, he's alright, I guess," I replied, taking a seat at my desk.

"Probably ugly too," Tanya chimed in, giving us a mischievous grin.

Lenny and I were seated close to each other, so I was glad to be away from Tanya's sarcastic comments.

I asked in disbelief, "The head manager is ugly?"

Lenny chuckled, "Well, he's bald and old." He made a silly face, trying to lighten the mood.

Tanya wasn't done yet, "Maybe Khad finds that old man handsome!" she snickered, rolling her eyes.

I gave her a look, "No, that's not what I meant. The head manager was young, probably in his 30s. His name is Lucian Max." I crossed my arms, hoping to end the conversation because Tanya is being sarcastic again.

When I said what I said, their eyes went wide, and their mouths hung open like they saw a ghost. I was confused and put my hands up to ask if I missed something.

Tanya got up from her seat and walked over to my desk. "Wait, so the person you met was Lucian Maximus?" she asked, sounding surprised.

I nodded, and the group looked at each other with disbelief written all over their faces.

Lenny's response was quick and to the point. "Well, he's the owner, Khad!" she said. Her eyes never left me, nor did those of the other girls in the office.

As I watched their reaction, I couldn't help but feel a sense of disbelief. Was he really the boss? The one in charge of everything?

As I made my way to the pantry to collect the packed sandwiches for the staff, the door suddenly opened, and four men in suits walked in, with Lucian Max leading the way.

Lucian Max's towering presence was immediately felt in the room. All the girls working in the pantry seemed to be taken aback by his sudden appearance. He strode in with an air of confidence, and his piercing eyes scanned the entire room before fixating on me.

Tanya, one of the girls working in the pantry, noticed Lucian Max's presence and quickly approached him. With a warm smile on her face, she asked politely, "Good afternoon, sir! What can we do for you?"

To everyone's surprise, Lucian Max didn't even acknowledge Tanya's presence. Instead, he walked towards me slowly and deliberately. As he approached, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

Then, in a deep, commanding voice, Lucian Max spoke. "I have an important client, and I need you!" His voice reverberated through the room, and all the girls were left spellbound by his presence.

I was about to speak up, but then two men in fancy suits popped up on either side of me, like I was about to do something bad. My heart was pounding, and I had no clue what to do for the client or what steps to take. We got into the elevator, only me and Lucian Max, while the men in suits stayed behind.

It was so weird being alone with him, god. I had no idea why, but I felt super awkward and nervous. I just wanted to know what was expected of me and not screw things up.

Upon arriving at the office, Lucian Max finds the head manager, a man in his 60s, sitting in his swivel chair and reviewing files on his table.

"Vaun, did you arrange a meeting last week?" Lucian Max asks in an authoritative tone.

"Yes, Max. I'm about to meet with the Sheik now," Vaun calmly responds without even looking to Lucian Max

"Great! Miss Khadija is now under you. Let her shadow you so she knows what to do with the papers," Lucian Max says, while Vaun finally glances up at me and takes off his glasses.