Epi Twenty One

KHADIJA'S POV

After meticulously packing my belongings, I made my way to the bathroom to take a warm shower, lathering up with my favorite body wash and shampoo. I took my time, letting the water wash away all the grime and stress of the day. Once I felt refreshed, I dried myself off and headed back to my luggage, excited to put together an outfit that would make me feel confident and elegant.

After much consideration, I settled on a classic white coat that added a touch of sophistication to my look, paired with a sleek black tube top that hugged my curves in all the right places. For my bottoms, I chose a pair of black trouser pants that fit me perfectly, highlighting my figure without being too tight or restricting my movement.

Jannah lounged on the plush cushions of my living room couch, her eyes following my movements as I scurried around in a frenzy, searching for my misplaced shoes.

As I dashed past her, she spoke up in a calm and collected voice, "I don't have anything to say, but I always appreciate your keen eye for fashion. You never fail to choose a great style !" Her words were soft-spoken, yet carried a sense of genuine appreciation. Despite my current disheveled appearance, her compliment made me feel proud and accomplished.

*Unknown Number Calling*

"Good afternoon, how may I assist you?" I answered the phone call.

"Hi, it's Sir Ben speaking. Is everything ready for your flight, Khadija?" he asked with concern. I immediately recognized his voice, as he was the owner of the company I worked for.

"Hello Sir Ben, yes, everything is set. I have packed all my things," I replied confidently.

"Great job, Khadija. You should head to the airport now and try to be there early. We don't want any delays," he said, sounding quite authoritative.

"Okay, sir. I will grab a taxi now and head to the airport," I assured him.

"Before you leave, just make sure you have all your papers and valid IDs with you," he reminded me.

"Absolutely, sir. I have all my necessary documents with me," I confirmed.

"All right, Khadija. Have a safe trip and take care," he said before hanging up the call.

________________________________

Jannah stood behind me, helping me carry the other bag as I pulled my suitcase outside my apartment. Her voice was gentle as she asked, "Are you sure you want to go?"

I stopped and looked into her eyes, feeling a pang of sadness in my chest. "Yes, Jannah," I replied, my voice strained with emotion. "I need to go for my family."

As I spoke, tears welled up in my eyes. I tried to hold them back, but it was no use - they spilled down my cheeks, hot and uncontrollable. Jannah noticed and asked, "Why are you teary-eyed, Khad?"

I couldn't help myself from crying in front of her. My heart was heavy, and I suddenly let out a whine. It felt like I was leaving a part of myself behind, and the pain was almost too much to bear. I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself, but it was clear that I was emotional.

I'm not sure why, but I'm suddenly feeling a weight on my shoulders that's hard to bear. I've never been one to take on big responsibilities, even when it comes to dealing with my own problems. I always feel like I need to rely on my mom, dad, and sisters for support. But deep down, I know that I need to take on these challenges to grow and become stronger.

As I was carrying my bags, Jannah suddenly put them down and hugged me tightly. "You're doing great, even if it feels hard right now," she said with a warm smile. "I'm only your best friend, but I'm so proud of you!"