Epi Twelve

Khadija POV

I just finished my cheat leave, which was supposed to be a vacation. Despite that, I enjoyed it and experienced something new, like watching how Arabs celebrate their national day in Tagaytay and wear their traditional clothes. It was mind-blowing.

Currently, I'm on the plane, and I don't know what to expect. Will we see each other again? Or will we ignore each other? He never added me on any social media account, and we only talk through WhatsApp. He didn't even ask for my name on social media. Should I be the one to initiate contact?

I thought after all those scenes, he might want to upgrade our relationship, but I'm not sure. Now, thinking about it stresses me out.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize that the plane had landed and it was time to prepare to disembark.

As we waited for his luggage at Mactan International Airport, he asked, "Will we meet again, my lady?"

I replied, "Of course, if you're ever in Cebu, why not?"

To which he responded, "I'll be leaving the Philippines soon, my lady!"
I looked at him, feeling lonely. Why does every man I'm comfortable with leave? Why does no one stay? Maybe I'm just attached to him because of what he did to me.

He picked up his own suitcase as well as mine, which included an additional bag of Ali Kemal's shirts that he had forgotten to bring. I only had a large backpack and a small tote bag.

After carrying the luggage with just one hand, Ahmed slowly took my hand and said, "Come now, my lady, you need to rest." He smiled sadly as I felt emotional inside.

I tend to get attached easily!

After leaving the airport, he quickly hailed a Grab car and drove us to Cebu City. He wanted to check into Nustar Hotel, but I insisted on staying closer to the city.

(One Unread message)

From my cousin Anne informed me that her family is in Cebu, and they wanted me to spend some time with them. They are staying at Triple Towers.

Anne's mother is my mother's sister. Although I wasn't sure why they were here, I am definitely going to meet them.

"I want to be dropped off at Triple Towers, before Fuente circle," I said. The driver checked the GPS and realized we were in Fuente.

"Are you okay?" he asked, noticing my troubled expression. He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm just disappointed about something," I replied, looking out the window.

"Please tell me what's wrong, my lady. I am concerned," he said.

"I don't know you well enough, and it bothers me," I said, still looking out the window.

He didn't say anything for a moment. "I'm sorry, my lady. I understand, but I can't do anything about it right now," he said as we arrived at our destination.

As he got out of the car and moved to open my door, I quickly opened it myself, surprising him. His eyes widened in fear.

"I'm sorry, my lady. It's not that I'm playing with you, but it's just too personal for me to share. And honestly, it's not that important anyway," Ahmed said as he retrieved my bag from the back of the car. The driver seemed to sense the tension and gave me some space, which was appreciated.

"It's fine, Ahmed. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I replied, taking my bag from his hand.

As I left Ahmed standing outside the car, I couldn't help but feel angry. He was clearly hiding something from me and I didn't know why he kept taking me to these places. What was his motive?