Epi Four

(KHADIJA POV)

"What the hell was that, Jannah?" I demanded, yanking my arm away from her grip. We're on the damn highway waiting for a taxi.
Can't believe this girl.

"Stop right there," she interrupted, staring directly at me. "You must not get serious with that guy. It's not a good idea." She said with a playfull swaggering tone.

Jannah's constant bragging about dating foreign men and her claim of knowing all their techniques is very irritating and quite frankly, untrue.Gosh , she's always like that. I hate it.

"Jannah, he's perfectly fine. I am more than ready to start dating and I am absolutely going to give it a try," I confidently declared, confidently gesturing with my hand to emphasize my conviction.

"Why settle for that? End up like your pathetic ex?" she retorted with confidence, while effortlessly hailing a taxi for us to head back home.

It's 4 AM and I'm off duty, but Jannah has to work. Despite being exhausted, she's considering taking a leave of absence. However, I firmly believe that Jannah is capable of managing her sleep and work schedule without sacrificing her personal life. She can find ways to get enough rest and still fulfill her work responsibilities. As for her foreign boyfriend, I'm sure they can find time to spend together without Jannah having to take a day off. Jannah is a competent and responsible individual who knows what's best for her career and herself. I have confidence in Jannah's ability to make the right decision.

"Trust me!" I said firmly. "I will guard my heart with determination and never allow myself to fall in love easily!"

" Make sure of that Khady!" She said and finally had a taxi stopped in front of us.

I insisted that they drop me off at my apartment, despite their plan to take me with them to their hotel. I had hoped to catch an hour of sleep, but unfortunately, it seems like that won't be possible.

I'm wide awake because our plan is constantly on my mind. On top of that, I'm eagerly anticipating a call from that guy I met at the bar. However, I can't help but feel annoyed with myself for not giving him any of my social media accounts. It's frustrating, to say the least.

I hastily deleted all photos from my previous relationship. I suppose it would be better to delete the ones with Kayden too.

It's not that I want it to keep it a secret that I have a son but I guess the reality will strike that there will be no men who wants to accept a single mom. Well for me theres none.

--------------------

*WhatsApp has three unread messages.*

Unknown : Hey there! I was wondering if you're still interested in going on a date with me? It would mean a lot to me if you said yes?

I grabbed the opportunity and just texted him back.

Me: yeah yeah, sure.

Unknown: Just send me your location and I'll pick you up?

Me: Oh please don't bother. I can ride a taxi or bus.

Unknown: Ok, where do you want to go?

I love that he trusts me enough to make the call on where we go. It's a sign of respect for my ability to make decisions. I'm feeling really confident about my choice and I know we're going to have a fantastic time wherever we end up.

Me : How about Ayala? You okay with that?

Unknown: Okay, as you wish. I'll be there at exactly 11 am.