Chapter 40: The Time Force's Concert

The Time Force members love their work in the Time Force Headquarters. Mr. Peabody arranges lots of concerts. Music can often be heard drifting through the air. The Time Force members do enjoy it. One morning, the New York City School of Performing Arts students were very excited. The Time Force — Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny — were coming to the auditorium of their school.

"We have vocal harmonies," said Sherman, importantly. "What are vocal harmonies?" asked Margo. "It means we can sing together to create a successful harmony," answered Sherman. And so, the Time Force members had to plan for their successful concert right away. "Isn't this exciting?" asked Penny. "I hope so," replied Sherman. "This would give us a chance to unleash our power of rock and roll for our concert." "One way or another, we're always wanting to use the power of rock and roll," added Antonio. "Oh, maybe THAT'S why there's a rock and roll concert: because of us," said Penny.

So, the next morning, Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny practiced songs for their concert that they would be performing at their school. They were looking forward to getting good at performing rock and roll music in their concert. They practiced and practiced and practiced and they got better at it with rock and roll. It was long into the late afternoon when Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny got better at practicing on their rock and roll music.

After practicing for seven days, the Time Force was finally ready for their next concert in time. But the next day, they didn't know that there was going to be a storm for the night, and they hoped that they would get their concert done in time. Mr. Peabody came to see them at the Time Force Headquarters. He was a kind-hearted anthropomorphic dog and felt sorry for them. "This storm would cause confusion and delay," he said. "But due to that happening, I'll see what I can do to get this concert arranged." Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny didn't know this. They were worried about the concert getting confusing and delayed without further notice. They headed to their dormitory that night, and they were sitting on the couch in the dormitory. They felt comfortable there.

That evening, a big storm raged across the city. The Time Force members were sitting on the couch in their dormitory. "We're sure to be safe in this living quarters," said Antonio. "We'd better be," said Penny. The Time Force had to think of a plan to reschedule their concert right away so they would get a good shot at performing well at their concert. After thinking for a while, Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny got into their pajamas and they fell asleep in the dormitory, and they slept in each other's arms that night. The storm was passing by, and the Time Force members were sleeping in their dormitory right away.

When the storm was over, Margo and her best friends woke up early the next morning. They did their morning routine together and they were feeling much better after the stormy night. Then, they arrived at Mr. Peabody's penthouse and decided to stay for a while. "Hello, kids," said Mr. Peabody. "You look like you're back to normal." "Yes, Mr. Peabody," said Sherman. "We are, but we don't know if we're stuck on a concert delay or getting confused about our concert."

"You look the right way up to me," laughed Mr. Peabody. "Cheer up. The concert is rescheduled for tonight and you four will perform great music together with vocal harmonies." "Oh, yes, Mr. Peabody," said Sherman. "In fact, I think this is a better day since we were able to get on with our concert in time." And he was right. The Time Force would have an amazing concert to perform with so many people to sing to and so many music to perform at the same school building.

It was late in the afternoon when Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny were getting ready for their concert for the night. After getting ready for the concert, it was starting to turn to night. That night was the Time Force's concert. Their vocal harmonies carried across half the city. And they started performing so well.