Chapter 27: Gremlins Galore!

It was long into the evening when Margo, Antonio, Sherman, and Penny were finally back at the Time Force Headquarters. Antonio's legs would not move, and the Gremlins were surrounding him. "There must be gremlins about," he said. "What are gremlins?" asked Margo. "They're green creatures that mess around at night," said Sherman. "PAH!" snorted Penny. "There's no such things as gremlins! They're just an excuse from Antonio's legs being full of pins and needles!" "If Antonio says there are gremlins in his legs, then, there are," said Sherman. "Ugh!" said Penny.

Mr. Peabody had heard everything. "SILENCE!" he said. "I am expecting a VIP, a very important person. She tells me that you four are the most really useful humans on Earth. Prove it to me." "Yes, sir!" they all said. "If the Gremlins will allow us," added Margo. "What Gremlins?" Mr. Peabody wanted to know. "The ones in Antonio's legs," snickered Margo. "I'll see about that," thundered Mr. Peabody. Then, he turned to Antonio.

"Well, Antonio," he said, "We'll have to clear those gremlins from your legs, but it's not going to be easy for a dog like me." "No, indeed," agreed Antonio. "We cannot allow that at all." So, Mr. Peabody started clearing the gremlins from Antonio's legs. It was a lot longer than expected, but finally, Antonio's legs were cleared out from the Gremlins at once. The Gremlins turned to Penny and they started hunting at her legs. Penny was shocked to get Gremlins in her legs.

"Heaving hooks! My legs are covered in gremlins!" exclaimed Penny as she was covered in Gremlins. Mr. Peabody started brushing the gremlins away from Penny's legs, and he said, "Shoo! Off with you!" Just then, Penny had to inform Mr. Peabody that her legs were covered by the Gremlins. How do I know this? Because she said, "My legs were covered by the gremlins, but you cleared them off, Mr. Peabody." "I might have known it," said Mr. Peabody.

Just then, the Penguins of Madagascar bustled up to clear the Gremlins from the Time Force members' living quarters area. Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, and Private saw tons of gremlins scattered everywhere in the area, gripping the legs of the Time Force members. They were gripping hard and even harder on their legs, and the Time Force members were being taken over by a swarm of Gremlins. They were slightly startled. "Kowalski, analysis," said Skipper. "It looks like the Gremlins have taken over the Time Force members, Skipper," said Kowalski. "It is designed to indicate that they are scattered everywhere." "I find it pretty and somewhat hypnotic," said Skipper. "That too, sir," said Kowalski. "Right," said Skipper. "Rico, get the Gremlin Spray so I can spray those Gremlins away!"

So, Rico did, and Skipper sprayed the Gremlins away from the Time Force members right away. "Problemó solved," said Skipper. "Those Gremlins never stood a chance against us," said Margo. "No, they didn't," agreed Sherman. "We did not allow those Gremlins to grip hard on our legs." They were not allowing that.

The gremlins were scurrying away from the Time Force members and Private spoke to Skipper. "Haven't seen those gremlins in a while, Skipper," he said. "I find it somewhat creepy for the gremlins to scatter all over those four blowhards," Skipper remarked. "It must be why those four blowhards were getting Gremlins all over their legs." Private rather hoped that the gremlins would never have to take over the humans. Likewise, Skipper would've hoped that the Gremlins were lurking around all over the Time Force Headquarters at the same time.

But next morning, the Time Force members looked unhappy. Elsa and Anna arrived, looking glum as the Penguins of Madagascar were running past and hissing rudely. "Bless me, what a noise," said Elsa. "They all hissed us, Miss," said Sherman. "They say gremlins are everywhere in the Time Force Headquarters. And last night, they said they were grabbing onto our legs. They haven't, have they, Miss?" "No, Sherman," said Elsa. "Your legs are much fine and I'm proud of you. Gremlins are green creatures that lurk in the shadows of time. But all the same, we do need another way to get rid of those gremlins here." "I find it hard to believe," agreed Anna, who was trying to hold onto Sherman's grip. "This will protect you, Sherman." "Thanks, Miss. You're a star," said Sherman. He was delighted to hear that Elsa and Anna gave him the crystal that would protect him from dangerous critters, like Gremlins. He did so...easily!