Chapter 29: Sherman in the Middle

Elsa and Anna were on their way to New York City Harbour to pick up a special shipment of steel to take down to the construction site. "Whoa, Anna," said Elsa. "Look at all these flatbeds." "Aye, I feel sorry for the human that has to pull that lot, Elsa," replied Anna with a laugh. Just then, Hiro arrived with the lot that came in time. "Ahoy, shipmates!" he said. "Here's your delivery."

"Whoa," said Anna, "that's too much, Hiro. Even for two princesses." "Away and wheeshed!" Elsa claimed. "We can pull it, no problem. Come on, Anna, let's show this old sea superhero what we can do." "I'm not getting behind that train, Elsa," said Anna. "It's too much for the two of us." "Nonsense, Anna," said Elsa.

"We can manage that big train, no problem." "We can't! It's too heavy!" argued Anna. "Ah, we can, of course," replied Elsa. And Elsa and Anna got into an argument. "Can't!" "Can!" "Can't!" "Can!" "Can't!" Just then, Elsa and Anna heard a strange sound. Sherman found Margo, who was taking Edith and Agnes over to their classes at the New York City School of Performing Arts. "Hi, Sherman," said Margo. "What are you doing down here?" "I'm just on my way down to help Miss Elsa and Miss Anna," replied Sherman. Margo chuckled. "Good luck with that," she said. "What do you mean?" Sherman wanted to know. "They can't agree with each other," Margo said to him, "let alone another human."

Back at the area that the heavy train was about to be pulled, Elsa and Anna kept arguing. "Can't!" "Can!" "Can't!" "Can!" Meanwhile, Sherman let out a laugh and said, "Oh, I'm sure I'll be fine, Margo." "Well then, you'd better hurry up," said Margo. "Because they're already arguing." And Margo laughed, and then Sherman went off to find Elsa and Anna. The Time Force has never been the same since Riley left to play hockey with her team, he thought to himself.

"Come on, Anna," said Elsa. "Get to the back of the train." Anna sighed, "You're blocking the line." At last, Sherman arrived on the scene. And then he composed himself, "Hello, you two. I hear this train could use an extra human." "Aye, that's right," said Elsa. "Thanks, Sherman. Looks like my sister and I will have to do this on our own." "What? No, wait a minute. You're not taking this train without me," chuckled Sherman. "Oh!" exclaimed Elsa. "Ready to go, Elsa!" said Anna. And then, Elsa, Anna, and Sherman worked together to get the heavy train all the way across the streets of New York City.

At last, the heavy shipment was on its way to the construction site of New York City. About time, and everything could go back to normal at the docks. "You know, thanks for helping, Sherman," said Anna. "No trouble at all, Miss..." Sherman said, but he was blanking out on Anna's name. "I'm Anna," she said, "Elsa's my sister. She's the difficult one." Sherman laughed. And Anna asked him, "Alright, what's so funny?" "She tried to make out that it was me who pushed her," said Sherman. "I said, 'You pulled me, more like.' She was proper Hiro all day." "Really?" said Anna, laughing. "Aye, and I'll tell you something else about my sister. And that's when Elsa reversed into the signal box." Sherman laughed. "I don't get it..." he said. The brakes started squealing at once.

Then, Anna said, "Hey, Elsa, what's going on?" "I'm not going any further," answered Elsa. "You what?" Anna asked, confused. "Oh, brother," said Sherman. "Perhaps there's something on the line," laughed Anna, "like a hay cart." Elsa laughed, "Or a bull!" "Girls...they just don't understand," Sherman told himself.

"I want to switch places," said Anna. "What? Why?" Elsa wanted to know. "I can hear you two laughing away, hahaha," Anna chuckled. "It's not fair with me being stuck out there, at the front on my own." "Go on, Miss Anna," said Sherman. "You take the front of the train, please." "Alright," said Anna, "but only because you asked nicely, Sherman." "I said 'please,'" interjected Sherman. "You didn't," Anna said, trying not to laugh. "Well, I was thinking it," said Sherman.

Just ahead of Elsa, Anna, and Sherman was Baymax, who was ringing his bell. "Oh," he said. "Oh, no. Whoa!" Baymax sighed. "Ohh!" The brakes squealed and the heavy train crashed into Baymax, leaving him covered in snow. "Sorry, Baymax, didn't see you there," said Elsa as she was getting tired of pulling in the front. "Ho, ho, ho," Baymax said, sadly. Elsa had stopped the train right in the middle of the Brooklyn Junction, and it was blocking the line." "Oh, no!" exclaimed Luca. "Ahh!" He pulled the brakes on his feet, and he strained his hardest. "Ohh," he said, "get out of my way! You're holding up the express!" "Alright," said Elsa. "Keep it together, Luca." "Ohh, the indignity," said Luca as he saw Elsa and Anna switching places. Elsa now came behind Sherman.

"So, Sherman," said Elsa, "what were you two talking about? Not that I'm bothered." And Sherman said to her, "Oh, Miss Anna was telling me some funny stories about, well, both of you, actually." And Sherman chuckled. "Well, I guess she didn't tell you about the time she broke down and I had to rescue her," said Elsa. "No! She didn't tell me about that," laughed Sherman. The brakes were squealing again. "Ah! Ah!" cried Sherman. "Now what's the holdup?!"

"Okay, Elsa, that's enough," said Anna. "We're swapping back!" "Come on, now," said Elsa. "This is getting silly." "I'm not being silly," said Anna, "let's switch back." "You've always got to have your way," said Anna. "You've always got to have your own way," argued Elsa. "Wait! No!" exclaimed Sherman. The metal was creaking so loudly. "I don't think this is a good idea," said Sherman, feeling scared. "Please, you two, I can't hold the train." "Don't hold the train when I'm talking to you," said Anna. Anna had stopped the train halfway up Luca's hill, and poor Sherman was left holding all the heavy flatbeds on his own. Elsa and Anna argued even more. "You never listen to me. You always do what you want," said Elsa. "Not true. You never listen to me. You always do what you want," argued Anna. Elsa gasped, and an argument ensued again. "Not true!" "It is." "No, it isn't." "Yes, it is." And then, there was trouble." "Oh, no!" said Sherman.

"You do!" exclaimed Elsa. The train was slipping all the way down the hill in New York City. "Elsa, are we still moving? Or is it—" Anna said, but Elsa and Anna were horrified! "Oh, no! The train!" Sherman was straining with all of his strength, and he gasped in horror. "Oh, no! Oh, no! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" screamed Sherman. The train slipped all the way down and Sherman fell with the train and landed right on his butt. Luckily, Sherman wasn't hurt, but Elsa and Anna argued again and Sherman remembered his dog whistle. "It wasn't my fault!" "Yes, it was!" "It wasn't!" "It was!" "It wasn't!" "It was!" "It wasn't!" "It was!" And Sherman angrily blew his dog whistle so loudly and shouted at them, "For goodness sakes, you two! I was trying to help you out! If you would just stop arguing for one minute, you'd see it's ME that needs some help now."

Soon, Sherman was upright again and standing firm again. He felt much better when Baymax, Mei Lee, and Luca came by. "Ohh, what's happened here, then?" Baymax wondered. "Ugh! Come on, what's the holdup?" Mei wondered. "Oh, it's these silly princesses blocking the line again," Luca said. Then, Elsa and Anna said at the same time, "It wasn't me. It was my...sister." "It was both of us," said Anna. "Aye, Anna, it was," said Elsa.

At last, Elsa and Anna could agree on something. Later, Margo saw Sherman at the front while delivering the heavy train to the construction site. "Hi, Sherman," said Margo. "How are you getting on with Elsa and Anna?" "Fine now," replied Sherman. "But next time, I know never to come between two sisters when they're arguing." Margo laughed. "This never would've happened if we'd have both been together at the back," said Elsa. "Aye. We should've been together at the back in the first place," said Anna. "Agreed," said Elsa. "Aye," agreed Anna. "That's that, then." "That's what I said." "So did I." "I said it first, though." "No, I said it first." "Yes, I did!" "No, no, you didn't!"