Chapter 20- Newspaper

A loud knocking erupted me from sleeping, and I carefully made my way towards the front door. Groggily pulling it open, Miya stood outside balancing a stack of books and her wand on the top. After my whole incident with Julian, I took a couple of days to rest, but knew that I was tight on time, so I asked Miya to come over so we could practice more Magic.

"Oh, hey Miya, I didn't know you were going to come so early!" I yawned pushing open the door wider so she could step in.

"It's best we start as early as possible, considering that you barely know the basics of magic and the entrance exams are coming up shortly," she exclaimed, dumping the books onto the kitchen table. The easiest way for Miya and me to get into the Divination games was to attend the Prep school; however, it required passing a difficult entrance exam. Unless you were like the Gold twins, you could pay your way in.

Miya quickly pulled out the parchment paper from her bag spreading it alongside the table, and opened the thickest book, a cloud of dust filled the room and I sneezed. I quickly stepped outside, trying to get some fresh air.

"Miya-" I say swatting the air, "Let's study outside, I need some fresh air anyways... I've been cooped up too long inside this house." Miya turns around and she pales, quickly dragging me inside and shutting the door close. She jumps onto stool and peeks outside the window before shutting the curtains close.

"Delsia.. You have to keep a low profile." She hissed, checking behind the curtains once more.

"Huh?" I asked trying to take a glimpse outside, but she yanks me back.

"Your little outing has caused a stir outside with the locals... everyone trying to find you and try to interview you about Julian." she said her cheeks turning pink.

I bite my cheek remembering our interactions; however, my eyes wander back to Miya who's sheepishly trying to run towards the trash can, a paper in her hands.

"Miya what is that?" I call grabbing it, Miya gasps and pulls it back protesting, and we end up tackling each other. I finally yank it out of her hands, and Miya covers her eyes. The cover of the newspaper is a picture of me and Julian. It's Julian fastening the huge crystal necklace onto my neck. The headlines are blaring....

Mystery Village Girl receiving a gift from the reclusive Dark Knight?

My eyes widen frantically reading the bottom of the texts where people are making inferences about me and my Lineage, and how we met.

"I think I saw a ring on her finger! She's the one! I can't wait till the wedding happens!"

"Who knew that the Dark Knight could be so dashing? Did you see the necklace she got?"

"I seen her before she's some basic common girl that runs a shop... can't believe the Dark Knight choose her!

"She's tramp I tell you! I swear I saw her at the Royal Parade with Prince Atlas as well!"

My heart races, my vision blurring across every word on the newspaper, Miya is desperately trying to pry it out of my hands, but I ignore her. The last words catch my eyes, and I reread them over and over again.

"Rumors have been swirling, suggesting that this mysterious girl recently discovered her noble lineage out of nowhere and somehow regained her dormant magical powers. The coincidence of receiving a gift from the reclusive Dark Knight has sparked speculation. Was he somehow involved in the resurgence of her magic?"